You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    UL Shelter/Stove Geek HCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    AMES, IOWA
    Posts
    80

    Default Broke in the new GTO!!

    Went out this weekend and the birds got the best of us. We had 2 nice toms together come in yesterday, we had too many windows open on the blind, and they saw me and putted and were gone b4 Emily could even shoot. Well, Emily couldn't roll out today, so I went by myself this am. I wasn't set up over 10 minutes, and this guy came in silently. I heard no gobbling this am. The Spitfire Gobbler getter anchored him right where he was shot. As I stood on his neck and praised God for the success, 2 more toms came walking in. Then as I was doing a photo shoot, 1 more came in. No gobbling what so ever this am; not even while on roost. 20 yd shot. Dead bird at 6:18 am. Very impressed with the Gobbler getter head. Went in his back and put a nasty hole in him without the arrow leaving his body, but the head exited the front of his chest. He barely flopped after the shot. 7/8" spurs, 9 1/2" beard, 24#

    Broke in the new GTO!! - Bowhunting forum

    Broke in the new GTO!! - Bowhunting forum

    Broke in the new GTO!! - Bowhunting forum

    Broke in the new GTO!! - Bowhunting forum

    Broke in the new GTO!! - Bowhunting forum

    Broke in the new GTO!! - Bowhunting forum
    Broke in the new GTO!! - Bowhunting forum


    Broke in the new GTO!! - Bowhunting forum
    Broke in the new GTO!! - Bowhunting forum

    Broke in the new GTO!! - Bowhunting forum
    John 3:16 Lifetime NRA Member/Iowa Bow Hunters Association/"Crackerized"Strother SR-71 "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6 UL shelter/stove geek

  2. #2
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Sweet

    Great time shared in a blind.

    How do you like that ASAT blind?

    How does the mesh attach in those blinds to the windows?

    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

  3. #3
    UL Shelter/Stove Geek HCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    AMES, IOWA
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Great time shared in a blind.

    How do you like that ASAT blind?

    How does the mesh attach in those blinds to the windows?

    DB
    Mesh attaches to the windows with a velcro perimeter around the entire window. I leave the netting off of the windows unless I am deer hunting. I love the blind, SUPER quality and well built. Every bit as good as my Double Bull BS5 and Double Bull Matrix. It is the blind I usually take. Plenty of room for 2 hunters with gear. The windows zip up and down and you can open them as little as u want
    John 3:16 Lifetime NRA Member/Iowa Bow Hunters Association/"Crackerized"Strother SR-71 "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6 UL shelter/stove geek

  4. #4
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Velcro hold the mesh

    Quote Originally Posted by HCH View Post
    Mesh attaches to the windows with a velcro perimeter around the entire window. I leave the netting off of the windows unless I am deer hunting. I love the blind, SUPER quality and well built. Every bit as good as my Double Bull BS5 and Double Bull Matrix. It is the blind I usually take. Plenty of room for 2 hunters with gear. The windows zip up and down and you can open them as little as u want
    Is the velcro tight enough to shoot through. Does the carry bag come with the blind? My BS5 blind is getting quite old. In the market for a new blind.
    What model is that blind. Does ASAT make severl different models?
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

  5. #5
    UL Shelter/Stove Geek HCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    AMES, IOWA
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Is the velcro tight enough to shoot through. Does the carry bag come with the blind? My BS5 blind is getting quite old. In the market for a new blind.
    What model is that blind. Does ASAT make severl different models?
    DB
    I heard they are making anew model..don't know tho. This is acalled the quickie blind. Yea, carry bag with shoulder straps come with it. Mesh is extremely taunt when you place the mesh in it. I have nver shot through it, but it is REAL taunt. $250 to my door and it is high quality material 9 oz cotton and appears to be made in the same Chinese factory the DB's are made. Your BS5 was made in USA, but they took the Matrix to China.
    John 3:16 Lifetime NRA Member/Iowa Bow Hunters Association/"Crackerized"Strother SR-71 "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6 UL shelter/stove geek

  6. #6
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Think you have sold me

    Quote Originally Posted by HCH View Post
    I heard they are making anew model..don't know tho. This is acalled the quickie blind. Yea, carry bag with shoulder straps come with it. Mesh is extremely taunt when you place the mesh in it. I have nver shot through it, but it is REAL taunt. $250 to my door and it is high quality material 9 oz cotton and appears to be made in the same Chinese factory the DB's are made. Your BS5 was made in USA, but they took the Matrix to China.
    Thats more than a fair price for sure. ASAT camo is good stuff.
    Thanks DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Similar Threads

  1. When I Say I'm Broke..i'm Broke!!
    By bill10418 in forum Jokes Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 08:37 PM
  2. **MUST READ**...The curse is broke
    By Werd in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 08:08 PM
  3. OK Dred, I broke down!!!!
    By mdewitt71 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 07:49 PM
  4. Broke a record, most only 6/29/07
    By Chris in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 11:06 AM
  5. Broke EZ Fletcher New Bitzenburger
    By atexx2 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 02:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •