You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Wacky Laws

Talking Wacky Laws

In Indiana it is illegal to hunt on Sunday if you are over 14.

In north Carolina it is illegal to hunt on Sunday without a dog.

In Minnesota it is unlawful to tease or torment skunks and polecats.

In Maine it is illegal to set fire to a mule.

In Illinois it is against the law to feed razor blades to a hog.

In Ohio it is unlawful to ride a mule over 6 MPH.

In Mississippi if a parent has two illegitimate children they can be jailed for up to a month. It is also illegal to teach others about polygamy (sorry no Mormon Missionaries (j/k)). And, lying to a woman about marriage in order to seduce her is illegal.

In Utah it is a felony to persistently tread on the cracks between paving stones. (Good for the mothers I guess…)

Also in Utah, a resturaunt may only serve wine if the patron first asks for the wine list.

In South Carolina: Adult males may carry a rifle to church on Sunday in case of sudden Indian attacks; in order to launch a missile you must first obtain a permit; and it is a capital crime to kill someone while committing suicide.

Drinking laws in Wyoming: being drunk in a mine carries a 1 year prison sentence; it is against the law to ski intoxicated; junk dealers may not do business with an intoxicated individual.

In West Virginia if you swear in public you are to be fined one dollar per act, an unmarried couple that lives together and “lewdly associates” faces up to a year in prison, but committing adultery is a twenty dollar fine.

In Vermont it is illegal to deny the existence of God. Also, married women must have written permission to obtain and wear false teeth.

For Washington: it is illegal to pretend that you are rich, you may not chain a vending machine to a utility pole without the utility company’s permission, and it is illegal to destroy a beer bottle or cask belonging to someone else.

In Oklahoma it is illegal to catch a whale.

In California it is illegal to shoot any animal from a moving vehicle except a whale.

In New York you cannot shoot rabbits from a trolley (do they still have those?); women may not be on the street wearing “body-hugging clothing;” there is a $25 fine for flirting, and it is illegal to greet someone by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and willing the fingers.”

If you live in Minnesota don’t attempt to enter Wisconsin with a chicken on your head. Also you may not cross the Minnesota state line in any direction with a duck on your head. In addition Mosquitoes are a public nuisance.

In Scotland it is illegal to be drunk and in possession of a cow.

In Montana you may not have a sheep in the cab of a truck without a chaperone.

In Boston you may not own a dog more than 10 inches high.

In North Dakota it is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on; beer and pretzels may not be served in the same establishment; in addition it is illegal to shoot an Indian from horseback if you are in a covered wagon.

In New Jersey it is against the law to make any noise while eating soup in a public place.

In Gary, Indiana it is illegal to eat garlic and then get on a streetcar within 4 hours after said consumption.

In Rhode Island it is illegal to throw pickle juice on a trolley.
    CSAA Member

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document

Default One error

In the archaic state of North Carolina it is illegal to hunt on Sunday PERIOD.

Fair enough i didn't fact check any of this I only copied what I had found from various sources!
    CSAA Member

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

www.dumblaws.com

The sad part is; the reason most of these laws exist is that someone tried them in the past.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

I have been breaking the law for several years then cause I hunt on Sunday in IN.

"HONDA"

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I have been breaking the law for several years then cause I hunt on Sunday in IN.
    (in a whispered voice)I've done it on a couple of occations in VA too, just don't let the ethics police catch ya.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

in kentucky you can not carry a ice cream cone in ur pocket and you have to take a bath at least once a year(so who is going to come and make shure you take your yearly bath ) lol

Default Wacky Laws

I looked on here and online and couldnt find what i was looking for. I want to know the laws on shooting on ones property and cannot find them. I know different counties have different ordinances but I am still lost. I have heard everything from 500 feet to 300 yards from streets and buildings. anyone know where I can find this info or do they know? I am looking for information for Pasco Fl if counties make a difference. sorry for not knowing this.

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

its still in the law book in KANSAS whenyou get out of jail they are saposed to give you a silver dollar a horse and saddle and a six shooter. and you can still be hung in publick for horse or cattle stealing

there goes that whale catchin trip me and DB was plaining!