You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default You state wildlife agency question

After talking to many who work in the wildlife agencys.

Im finding out money is the driving source for Oklahoma wildlife laws.

Can politicians ruin hunting?

Is your state about making money and not preserving wildlife for many years to come? Should states be looking at wildlife as a source of revenue?

Fishing and hunting bring billions of dollars into state economy already in buissnesses. Isnt that enough!
    DB

Economy is not good! States are suffering and this trend will continue in my opionion.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

If you want an answer to this just look at Kansas! Polititians need to stay out of wildlfe management.

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by archerybuff View Post
    If you want an answer to this just look at Kansas! Polititians need to stay out of wildlfe management.
    Kansas and Illinois have one of the best managed states around untell the last few years.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Wabbit Huntin

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    After talking to many who work in the wildlife agencys.

Im finding out money is the driving source for Oklahoma wildlife laws.

Is your state about making money and not preserving wildlife for many years to come? Should states be looking at wildlife as a source of revenue?

Fishing and hunting bring billions of dollars into state economy already in buissnesses. Isnt that enough!
    DB

Economy is not good! States are suffering and this trend will continue in my opionion.
    Hmmm, I will answer your question with a question. What have you seen politicians touch that has come out better?

Quote Originally Posted by scottnorthwest View Post
    Hmmm, I will answer your question with a question. What have you seen politicians touch that has come out better?
    Exactly! It usually turns out better for a few people. Those are usually the people that helped the politician get elected. The genaral public usually suffers

Wabbit Huntin

Here in Washington last year we had a very isolated incident. A 16 and 14 year old were hunting and the 14 year old mistook a 50 year old female hiker for a bear, he shot and killed her. While tragic, accidents are very rare in Washington (we have more room out here than most of you). Despite the fact this has not happened before or since the politicians jumped all over it and are thinking of changing the restrictions on minor hunters. Just a knee jerk reaction to a isolated incident.

Default Sad fact

Quote Originally Posted by scottnorthwest View Post
    Here in Washington last year we had a very isolated incident. A 16 and 14 year old were hunting and the 14 year old mistook a 50 year old female hiker for a bear, he shot and killed her. While tragic, accidents are very rare in Washington (we have more room out here than most of you). Despite the fact this has not happened before or since the politicians jumped all over it and are thinking of changing the restrictions on minor hunters. Just a knee jerk reaction to a isolated incident.

Often accidents do cause big time factors in many things. Hunters must continue to write and send letters to protect are rights. I would rather have them hunting than doing other things in life. Adults do the same accident alot more than minors hunting.
    DB

my opinion is that oklahoma has always been over populated with hunter with not enough land. there are some regulations that bother me and some that are good for us. i dont want politicians involved because what do they know about hunting and fishing? or even hunting regulations. there are also alot of other factors in this also. agriculture,herd management, each areas own special ecosystem, problem animals. there are alot of things politicians dont know about.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn