You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Red Hawk Low Light Peep Sight

You can tell the season is upon us because I start looking at all the new stuff I can put on my bow. Anyways what do you guys think about these peep sights. Seems like a good idea. If you can have a large field of vision and have the accuracy you get the best of both worlds. If you haven't seen them here is the website. http://www.redhawk-archery.com

Happy Hunting

I use one of these peeps and I love the view you get but I'm sure I lost some FPS because it is big and seems heavier than my old 1/8" peep. It is well made though and gives you a really nice view. I just had it installed a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to go with it for this hunting season. I have the one with the aligner but I had to buy the silicone tubing separate. For $20 you would think they would include 6" of tubing... NOT !

Ron

Apparently the newest version is much smaller then before. Is that amber surrounding really that easy to see through? It seems like it would make it darker. I ask because they also make a new one that is clear.

Actually, the amber lens brightens the scene... Kind of hard to explain but it's like looking through a pair of shooting glasses. I shoot with both eyes open and looking through that peep makes things look more natural, like I was not looking through a peep at all. Does that make sense ? You really need to look through one to understand since I'm probably doing a crummy job of explaining it.

I'll bet the clear one would be good too, just different. I can say though that the lenses are not removable/interchangeable. The body of the peep is molded around the lens. So if you wanted to experiment you would have to serve in each peep separately to try them out.

Ron
    Last edited by Ronhop; 08-24-2006 at 10:44 AM.

Talking

I have use one for hunting . From my experience I would suggest that if you use one that you use a arrow of 6 grains per # of draw to help the peep from changing up the nock point travel.