You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default ASA doing quite well this year

Augusta, Ga. Pro am was up 100 shooters from last year.

With a struggling economy this amazes me. I thought number would be down this year.

ASA does a great job and continue to grow yearly.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Augusta, Ga. Pro am was up 100 shooters from last year.

With a struggling economy this amazes me. I thought number would be down this year.

ASA does a great job and continue to grow yearly.
    DB
    i think its mostly about location. if they keepem south where these southern boys can afford to travel to them. esp since have never been this close to alot of parts, like ok, ar, tx.

Quote Originally Posted by rivershark View Post
    i think its mostly about location. if they keepem south where these southern boys can afford to travel to them. esp since have never been this close to alot of parts, like ok, ar, tx.
    I wish that they would get branching up into the north so us northern boys can shoot em. I would love to shoot an ASA tourney but there is no way I can afford to travel down south for them all the time. Once a year maybe but that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by scmelik View Post
    I wish that they would get branching up into the north so us northern boys can shoot em. I would love to shoot an ASA tourney but there is no way I can afford to travel down south for them all the time. Once a year maybe but that is it.
    We travel over 13 hours to quite a few of the shoots.....and we live in Texas...
    On Target Archery Shooting Staff - Control Freak Stabilizers Pro Staff - Vortex Optics Pro Staff
    LP Archery Shooting Staff - Sure-Loc Shooting Staff - Mathews Co-Op Shooting Staff

Quote Originally Posted by scmelik View Post
    Come shoot the Kansas State ASA Championship In July. As this is our first, we are allowing competitors from ALL states and NO qualification is required.

We are buying another 20 ASA targets (in addition to our current targets) next month that will be set up "ASA style". Come shoot for a belt buckle!

Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeRaider View Post
    We travel over 13 hours to quite a few of the shoots.....and we live in Texas...
    I understand that quite a few people do and I think its awesome that the ASA is able to get people to travel that far to shoot, it really shows what kind of shoots that they have. I would definately travel that far for the classic but i couldn't do that on a regular basis.

DB said the number for the Augusta shoot were up 100 shooters over last year which is awesome as well, but I look at the north and western part of the US that the ASA doesn't touch and all the shooters that would shoot if there were shoots that were closer and more available. It is a very large untapped market for them and I think that they could do well. Maybe there is a strategic reason that there are no shoots up in the north and west, maybe it has been tried and failed I don't know. I can tell you though if there were more with in a 5 or 6 hour drive for me I would most definately shoot them and so would quite a few others around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
    Come shoot the Kansas State ASA Championship In July. As this is our first, we are allowing competitors from ALL states and NO qualification is required.

We are buying another 20 ASA targets (in addition to our current targets) next month that will be set up "ASA style". Come shoot for a belt buckle!
    you know i might have to seriously think about that...what part of kansas?