You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Impacting left!!!

Well I know it is a form problem. But the question is what am I doing wrong??
    On my hunting / 3-D bow I have a tendency to impact left of target. But on my spot bow I tend to hit towards the right a little more. I believe it is my draw length . But how do I tell? which one is correct.
    Thanks Todd

did you have your draw length measured?

Best bet is to take yourself, and your bow to a pro shop and ask them whats up.
    Welcome to New Jersey..Home of where the weak are killed and eaten

Parker Spitfire bow,HHA Prong Rest,Montanna Black Gold Fiber Optics,Cabelas Carbon Hunter Arrows

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

It might also be a torque problem. Are you paying attention to your level while releasing?
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

If I had one shooting right and the other shooting left then I'd be inclined to start tweaking one of them to find a sweet spot and then measure just what the draw length is. Then I'd do the other one.

Something to think about is that if this is two different bows, due to different riser geometry they may end up with slightly different draw lengths, although I wouldn't think more than about 1/4" different.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Quote Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
    It might also be a torque problem. Are you paying attention to your level while releasing?

i dont even have a level on my bow and I shoot fine
    Welcome to New Jersey..Home of where the weak are killed and eaten

Parker Spitfire bow,HHA Prong Rest,Montanna Black Gold Fiber Optics,Cabelas Carbon Hunter Arrows

Default Different bows

One is a pro elite and an katara. I just can't find a sweet spot. I just don't know if I'm heading in the right direction. yes my bows are set for all levels and Use them.

Have someone measure the bows at full draw to see if you are drawing the same on each bow. The other thing you did not tell is how is the bow setup ? do both have peep ( the same size or is one peep smaller than the other ) and do you also use a kisser on both. I find when this occurs it is me nd not the bow, I do not use a level and find it is my head position. Can also be left due to how you use your release, if you punch the release you may get a left and or low left arrow...

Bill

I agree with the comments about a level. Mine has been missing on my HHA for a couple years now and I have very few problems unless I'm on a pretty steep side-hill. Fairly level ground isn't going to pose much of a problem with canting unless your form is screwy. Being as you are a spot shooter I would assume that this isn't an issue.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

I assume that you mean that it is hitting wide on less than perfect shots and not on every shot?

If it's every shot, just adjust your scope.

If it's on the odd poor shot it could be draw length.

Sometimes hitting left is from a draw length that is too short (assuming right handed shooter) and hitting right is from a draw length that is too long.

Sometimes it is just the opposite.

It can also be from hand torque, but those bows have similar grips so are probably not holding them consistently different. But, you might check it out.

Of course the best solution is to find someone knowledgeable who can watch you shoot.