You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Victory X-Ringer 250

Anyone shoot these arrows? How's the durability of them and do you ever hunt with them?

I'm considering them because I need a .250 spine for my setup. Considering hunting with them because I don't want to have to switch arrows between hunting and 3D.

I would not reccomend them for hunting. They are brittle I shoot 22's HV's out of my X F 7 and they fly great I also shoot X-Ringer 350 HV's out of my Mojo and they tuned awesome. The only thing about them is they are thin ( for weight reasons ) but make for a great 3-D shaft.

I would reccomend them for 3-D but not for hunting. If you shoot them for 3-D I also reccomend using uni-bushing in the rear for the nocks (2413 bushings and tips fit them)..
    America's Best Bowstrings
    PSE Mojo 3-D...Bodoodle Rests
    Victory Archery...TruBall Releases
    InSight Archery
    www.americasbestbowstrings.com

Thanks for the info. Couple questions though. I was thinking the regular (non-HV) would be a little tougher and maybe ok for hunting, would this be correct? Also why uni bushings instead of the pin nocks that come with them?

The non HV should be fine for hunting. As for the pin nocks I don't really care for them ( I know they are good but it's in my thick head ). The uni-bushing will help to protect the end of the shaft. I think the uni-bushings have less of a chance of getting damaged (non usable) than the pin nocks.
    I know it's personal preference and the pin nocks are fine, I just prefer the uni-bushing set up.
    America's Best Bowstrings
    PSE Mojo 3-D...Bodoodle Rests
    Victory Archery...TruBall Releases
    InSight Archery
    www.americasbestbowstrings.com

Thanks for the help! I hear what you're saying about pin nocks (I can get the same way about things), it's good to know that if I don't like them I have another option.

I'll give them a shot and let you guys know how I like them.

I hunted with my X-Ringer 350HV's. It got the job done. I shot my doe 25 yds quartering away. Arrow passed through except the last 3-4 inches where the fletchings were broke off. Can't say it was the ideal set up, but it worked. LOL
    Alpine Archery - factory staff shooter ** Coyote Bluff Archery - staff shooter ** Victory Arrows - advisory staff ** Bohning - staff shooter
    Equipment: Alpine Sienna (yep it's PINK!), Victory X-RingerHV 350, Bohning Blazer X2's, Trophy Taker, Scott's Little Bitty Goose