You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Rumur has it

Adam said we have alot of ticks! Imigine that he got ticdks while belly crawling through brush to get his hog in the springtime.

Adam you can take all those ticks back to Michingan with you.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

could you have been hunting on john lowery or boston poole in keystone wma? i have hunted there a few times for hogs but never got one. i have seen ruts up there that look like a back hoe dug them.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

Congrats on your pig! Awesome lookin' rig ya got there as well!

Adam of Archery Outfitter fstgstdsmpay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Adam said we have alot of ticks! Imigine that he got ticdks while belly crawling through brush to get his hog in the springtime.

Adam you can take all those ticks back to Michingan with you.
    DB
    Speaking of those little buggers, I got something else while boar hunting in OK as well.

So after Sundays shoot my ankle was really itching didnt see a bite or anything.

On Monday my ankle looked like this red and purple with a strange ring around it

Finally Scored on the OK Feral Hog - Bowhunting forum

Well never seeing this type of bite before I went on to webmd looked at some picks and narrowed it down to brown recluse, or lyme disease

So I went to the doctor today and you guessed it LYME disease from a stupid little tick. Luckly this early in the game its easily treat able, and I should be all set in a couple weeks.

So the hog was not the only thing I came out of the woods with that day

Default Glad you found it early

Quote Originally Posted by fstgstdsmpay View Post
    Speaking of those little buggers, I got something else while boar hunting in OK as well.

So after Sundays shoot my ankle was really itching didnt see a bite or anything.

On Monday my ankle looked like this red and purple with a strange ring around it

Finally Scored on the OK Feral Hog - Bowhunting forum

Well never seeing this type of bite before I went on to webmd looked at some picks and narrowed it down to brown recluse, or lyme disease

So I went to the doctor today and you guessed it LYME disease from a stupid little tick. Luckly this early in the game its easily treat able, and I should be all set in a couple weeks.

You did good getting to the doctor.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by fstgstdsmpay View Post

Holy Cow! I hope this doesn't put you out much and you don't get to sick. Good thing you caught it early. I hate them little buggers. Was it a small seed tick or a regular size tick? I get them on me all the time and this scares the crap out of me.

Richard
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

Adam of Archery Outfitter fstgstdsmpay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
    Holy Cow! I hope this doesn't put you out much and you don't get to sick. Good thing you caught it early. I hate them little buggers. Was it a small seed tick or a regular size tick? I get them on me all the time and this scares the crap out of me.

Richard
    couldnt tell you never saw it, didnt burrow in me, and never felt it. It couldnt have been a very large one, cause the hole it made is tiney tiny.

But I should be good just got to take my meds and stay out of the sun. Good thing its going to be Overcast all weekend in Bedford