You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: How many shots?

Default How many shots?

About how many shots do you get out of an arrow before it has to get retired to the garbage can and what kind of arrow are you shooting? I read claims of certain arrows being more durable than others. Tell me what you think.

I retire mine after every tree shots.

I just started shooting carbons this year Radial X-Weaves. So I am not sure how long they will last. Except for when this happens. I do have aluminums that I have been shooting for about 12 years off and on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I retire mine after every tree shots.

Now thats funny!!!!

Depends on the shooting......I have a half dozen gold tip XT 35-55 that I was shooting for indoor out of my Icon....the same 6 arrows lasted the entire league and I will be giving them to my shooting partner in about a week for his birthday (hes 16 and looses alot so hand me downs work great for him).....I just trade out 125gr heads for 75gr. heads (to match up to the higher poundage) and they shoot bullet holes thru paper.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Bowman you had better hang on to those GT I have heard they are having some problems manufacturing more.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Bowman you had better hang on to those GT I have heard they are having some problems manufacturing more.
    yeah I heard that too... something like 1/20th the production that was coming out previously. The archery dealer that I go to was told that his supplier normally gets several 1000 arrows from GT a week... now they are getting several dozen a week.

as for how many shots? I have GT's that have been shot so many times that all the writing on them is completely gone... several 1000 shots at least.

Am wondering what the difference is between $100.00 a dozen wrapped carbon shafts and $80.00 a dozen wrapped shafts or $60.00 a dozen wrapped shafts other than straightness and gpi.

I tried to multiple quote this one and it did not work......

So to you Frank I say, I relly dont like GT all that well and only paid $35.00 for the dozen, they wer brand new, the place is going out of bussiness....plus those X-Jammers should be here in a day or two.......

Hey shaft the difference between all the different arrows and prices....its kinda like the difference between using a datsun pick up and a Dodge 3500 dually w/ Cummings turbo Deisel....they may both get the work done....but you will have more fun and get your load delivered alot faster in the dodge....

There is a big difference I feel in say a Carbon Express cx series and Carbon Impacts fat shaft xlt's.....tighter tolerances, for instance you really have to pay attention to how you insert the Carbon Impacts, as the inserts dont fit tight and will slide out if you dont set them up side down....

Quote Originally Posted by shaft View Post
    Am wondering what the difference is between $100.00 a dozen wrapped carbon shafts and $80.00 a dozen wrapped shafts or $60.00 a dozen wrapped shafts other than straightness and gpi.
    No difference. They are manufactured exactly the same. The cheaper arrows are just the culls. Sometimes if you are careful about where you trim your arrows to length, you can get arrows equivalent in consistency to the first quality arrows.

I've shot some Behman ICS Hunters for three years. They have about 4 to 5,000 shots each and they are still going strong. I have 8 left from my original dozen. The other 4 were damaged by trees & concrete block walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The other 4 were damaged by trees & concrete block walls.
    See guys I am not the only person tying up deer till deer season...... concrete block walls....had those ones in the basement......

Just catch em' young and nail their feet to the floor. Helps keep the meat tender like good veal. Did I say that out loud?

As far as rocks and trees Iv'e almost perfected the ricochet shooting method look for my instructional video coming to a store near you.

I shoot Gold Tip XT Hunters and I love em. I flex them every so often and if I hear any type of noise, like fibers stretching or tearing, I get rid of them. Usually I lose them or shatter them before it gets to that point, but I have thrown a couple away. I shot them for 2 years, they had been shot a lot of times. All in all just flex and do a physical check of them and you'll know when to toss them out.
    06 Tribute
    Cobra Sidewinder LX
    Rip-cord drop-away
    S-coil
    Tru-fire hurricane
    Gold-tip XT Hunter

I check my arrows every so often in a dark room using a flashlight. Have found cracks in a few long before you can hear anything by flexing them. Dont need or want any trips to the ER. Just curious to know about how many shots(average) you think you get before they become unusable other than hitting trees or other arrows or brick walls. Also about the differences in how arrows are made. Thanks.