You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default what wins 3-d shoots?

is speed everything???? 3-d targets dont move, and dont give you an adrenaline rush.... some people take a 10, when it should be an 8.... just so they can get a trophy... but think about it.... hunting, in the woods, its all about judging distance.... when you get the "kill" its the best feeling.... why do people take 3-d so seriously???? most hunters take it seriously because its practice..... and its fun.... we all know that there are a few "cheaters" out there.... write down a "10" when it was an 8.... whatever.... i shoot 3d to keep my eyes up to par..... its not all about speed.... its judging distance.... most times in new england where im at - (connecticut) i see deer all the time 40+ yds.... the thrill is seeing them, and getting that "perfect shot" 20-30 yds..... most people who hunt dont shoot bows 300fps.... its about judging distance, and fun... why cheat???? if you want a trophy that bad, ill give you mine!!!! but is it really worth it if you down earn it???? to me, a confirmed kill.... especially a 30yd turkey is worth more to me than a 4 dollar trophy... whatever happened to 2 score cards???? shoot with someon you dont know.... let the best man win.... i bet scores would drop.... what are your feelings on this???

there will always be cheaters. i wish folks would volunteer to scorekeep at ranges so that would eliminate most of the trouble. just not enough man power most of the time.

if someone needs to cheat to win, then obviously they need it more than we do... id be happy shooting a 275 knowing it was honest.... karma is a bitch! haha

Default 3d is a tournament

Quote Originally Posted by madmike1735 View Post
    if someone needs to cheat to win, then obviously they need it more than we do... id be happy shooting a 275 knowing it was honest.... karma is a bitch! haha
    Its challenging yourself against others. Its game managment.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

ive had a 3d range for 8 years now . and have a few people that come to me and complain about people cheating . i tell them its simple if i see someone cheat i will say something to them but i have to see it myself not on what someone else says is happening . i also tell them if you see it say something to the shooter . if a person sees someone cheat and dont have the guts to confront the person thats doing it your just as bad as they are . i always like the ones that come and complain to me and when i ask them when they saw it they say no i heard it from so and so who heard it from another guy. plus another thing we do is dont post any scores until its over because there some that always what to know what they have to shoot to win. when they ask i tell them shoot the best you can and will see what happens .

Default National Level

Quote Originally Posted by madmike1735 View Post
    is speed everything???? 3-d targets dont move, and dont give you an adrenaline rush.... some people take a 10, when it should be an 8.... just so they can get a trophy... but think about it.... hunting, in the woods, its all about judging distance.... when you get the "kill" its the best feeling.... why do people take 3-d so seriously???? most hunters take it seriously because its practice..... and its fun.... we all know that there are a few "cheaters" out there.... write down a "10" when it was an 8.... whatever.... i shoot 3d to keep my eyes up to par..... its not all about speed.... its judging distance.... most times in new england where im at - (connecticut) i see deer all the time 40+ yds.... the thrill is seeing them, and getting that "perfect shot" 20-30 yds..... most people who hunt dont shoot bows 300fps.... its about judging distance, and fun... why cheat???? if you want a trophy that bad, ill give you mine!!!! but is it really worth it if you down earn it???? to me, a confirmed kill.... especially a 30yd turkey is worth more to me than a 4 dollar trophy... whatever happened to 2 score cards???? shoot with someon you dont know.... let the best man win.... i bet scores would drop.... what are your feelings on this???

You dont pick who you shoot with and you have two score cards. Only mostly on the local level someone will pencil push. Okla. ASA qaulifiers went to shotgun starts and you get peered with others in your class. It been the best thing for cheaters and giving those a fair game that practice and dont cheat.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

yup.. i rarely enter a trophy round any more locally..just shoot for fun, its not a competition when you shoot against a pencil, so why pay the added money for it? I dont want any part of it.
    If the groups are busted, i'll shoot it.

sad, but it's reality.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

LOTS OF LOCAL SHOOTS are won by #2 lead....