You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: arrow length

Default arrow length

this may already be a thread on here but I feel lazy today how do I measure the langth for arrows for my bow I have a 29in dl on a compound bow the arrows I am looking to pick up are just target arrows (if that makes a differance)
    -lot

Quote Originally Posted by lot0210 View Post
    this may already be a thread on here but I feel lazy today how do I measure the langth for arrows for my bow I have a 29in dl on a compound bow the arrows I am looking to pick up are just target arrows (if that makes a differance)

I kn ow that wingspan divided by 2.5 should be pretty accurate...
    On Target Archery Shooting Staff - Control Freak Stabilizers Pro Staff - Vortex Optics Pro Staff
    LP Archery Shooting Staff - Sure-Loc Shooting Staff - Mathews Co-Op Shooting Staff

Default arrow length

I have a 28" draw length and I won't shoot an arrow less than 28" even for target. I want the arrow POINT ahead of my hand regardless of what kind of point I am using.
    I've been trying to buy some arrows from the classified and all they seem to be selling are long crossbow bolts.
    Charlie

will you be shooting an overdraw>???? or do you just want a universal setup? a whisker biscuit gives you an overdraw, even though its small... for hunting, i use 2312 eastons.... with a 26 in draw length.... i have inserts on my hunting arrows, and glue in nibbs on my 3-d arrows... but i am an aluminum fan.... hope this helps?

I am a 28.5" draw, my arrows are 27.5" carbon to carbon. The V of my rest is about 4" back from the front of my riser. But, thats cause I'm awesome.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike1735 View Post
    will you be shooting an overdraw>???? or do you just want a universal setup? a whisker biscuit gives you an overdraw, even though its small... for hunting, i use 2312 eastons.... with a 26 in draw length.... i have inserts on my hunting arrows, and glue in nibbs on my 3-d arrows... but i am an aluminum fan.... hope this helps?

Forgive my Ignoriance but what is an overdraw?
    -lot