You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question How do I tune a Browning Youth Bow?

I recently obtained a secondhand Browning compound youth bow as a starter bow for my son. I was surprised at the difficulty I am having obtaining a copy of the owners manual. Does anyone know where to source one? I was only able to find a general purpose user guide at the Browning website.

The bow is labeled Browning "Trophy Maker Jr." 50% approximate let-off, 24" string length, 20# pre-set, with a 20"-22" 15-30# adjustable range. As a casual archer, I am unsure of how to adjust the bow to the low range (20" 15#) and not certain of its current settings. The cams have A, B, & C settings (I assume the "C" setting is for the shortest draw length, it is now set at "A") and the limb bolts seem to be turned out quite a bit.

The bow is bare (without sight, cable guard, sling, silencers). The stickon arrowrest has been removed. There is no mounting hole for a rest. The only mounting holes are the two for a sight. Can you recommend a rest or accessories for this bow appropriate to a 9 year you just starting out? Do you have any recommendation for inexpensive target arrows to match this bow? Most arrows labeled as starter target arrows and/or matched to starter or youth bows seem rather long for this type of bow.

Any response would be appreciated. Thank You.

i did a search this all i could find...sorry

I have an older Browning compound bow that has a stick on arrow rest , how do i change to a solid adjustable.?
    [2008-02-12 12:09:55]

Q: How do i know where to drill, and do i have to put an insert in or do you use a tap for the threads on the arrow rest?

A: Most bows , even older ones had a threaded hole in the riser specifically for this purpose. If yours does not I suggest you take it to an archery shop and see if they are willing to help you out. I have 3 compounds and all three are positioned differently. If you must do it yourself I would suggest about 1/2 inch above the shelf and slightly farther back then center of the riser. Most holes are threaded but you can buy inserts that were originally made for wooden bows and possibly glue it in an over sized hole. I hope this helps.

MustX, any chance you can put up a few pictures? A stick-on rest is easy enought to find. Is there no hole for a cable gaurd? Some of the old compounds used a bracket under the sight for a cable guard rod. Any chance you have an archery shop nearby, it would probably save you alot of guesswork on getting it sorted out. If not, give us a shout back, and bring pictures if possible.
    FBSA Member

I think I found one like yours, yes?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Browning-Trophy-...3A1%7C294%3A50
    FBSA Member

Question Additional Info

My initial web search produced identical results.

As suggested, I have posted photos of this bow.
    I think a stick on flipper style rest would work fine, but would this be appropriate for a child starting out? Also, is a cable guard rod required for this small bow?

Please note that the eBay bow is printed "Browning Trophy Master Jr" and my is labeled "Browning Trophy Maker Jr" and the limb configuration is different. The bow is in good condition and can't be that old. A web search revealed a Bear bow was also called "Trophy Maker Jr" but I have not been able to locate a photo of that bow.
    Attached Images Attached Images