You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Have to sell 3 of my 4 bows which would you keep

For finacial reasons have to sell all but one of my bows. I like them all and each one has different things that I like and am having a tough time deciding. Some are smoother others are faster but all shoot very nice. Would like some different opinions on what you guys like best.
    The four bows are as follows:
    -Mathews Switchback XT. 60-70#
    -Mathews DXT. 60-70#
    -Mathews Reezen 7.0 60-70#
    -Diamond Iceman 50-60#

keep the one you shoot the best..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    keep the one you shoot the best..
    Wow! what insight, never thought of that.

Navy Chief

Depends on what you are shooting. If you need it for hunting and 3D then choose the best all around one, or else just pick the best bow for whatever you are keeping it for.

Seeing as how you are narrowing down to one bow, I assume you are gonna be wanting to keep the most all-around bow. So, looking at the specs, I would say either the Switchback XT or the Iceman.
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

Navy Chief

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    I actually thought it was pretty sound advice. No need to be a smart ass when you are asking for help and people are replying.

If it were me, it would be between the SB XT and the Iceman. The SB is the best of the three Mathews and probably has the lowest resale now. I don't really know anything about the Iceman though.

I'd keep whichever of those 2 that you are the most consistant with (ie less mistakes or more confidence).

well common sense would dictate that it would be a poor choice to keep the one you shoot the worse... I wouldn't own any of them personally... I don't like parallel limbs and short A2A bow... period. But that aside they are all good bows if you like that sort of bow... and I say again... Keep the one you shoot the best..

If it's strictly a money thing then keep the one least likely to sell or the one worth the least and let the others go.. I've been where you are and it ain't any fun...

Back in the early '70 I was out of work because of a back injury and the insurance wouldn't pay but $52 a week.. I had child support and a new wife and child as well... I sold everything I could live without including my grandpa's 45 Colt to feed my family... and when that run out I took the back brace off and lied on my job application to get work...

A man does what he has to... to keep his family safe and fed or he ain't a man.
    Last edited by JAVI; 05-30-2009 at 11:52 AM.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
    I actually thought it was pretty sound advice. No need to be a smart ass when you are asking for help and people are replying.
    Sorry, I thought you were the one being the smart ass, of course I would keep the one the I shoot the best, if there was one that stood out. But they all shoot great.

For finacial reasons have to sell all but one of my bows. I like them all and each one has different things that I like and am having a tough time deciding. Some are smoother others are faster but all shoot very nice. Would like some different opinions on what you guys like best.
    The four bows are as follows:
    -Mathews Switchback XT. 60-70#
    -Mathews DXT. 60-70#
    -Mathews Reezen 7.0 60-70#
    -Diamond Iceman 50-60#
    What are you going to use the bow for? Mostly hunting, target, or both. I have only shot a Reezen and a switchback and for me I though the reezen would be a good choice for hunting and target. Another way to look at it is what bow is the most forgiving and will let you get away with a mistake.
    I am not a mathews shooter so remember this is just my opinion.
    America's Best Bowstrings
    PSE Mojo 3-D...Bodoodle Rests
    Victory Archery...TruBall Releases
    InSight Archery
    www.americasbestbowstrings.com

Lightbulb Good luck on your decision here !

Don't know why you need to do this , but hope everything turns around for you .

Personally I would keep the SB XT because I have shot the others and have held on to my SB XT through it all.

"HONDA"

If you can shoot them all equally well, put them all up for sale and keep the last one that didn't sell.. When you need money, you need it now right?

Good luck, better times always come back!

I can understand what you are going through. Except I just got my bow in Feb. The cut backs at the job, reclasification, and loosing 30% of my pay I had to do some real sole searching. There was no way I would give up archery. I can understand that you need the money now, but it will only be a temporary fix. So I pose the question "is it worth it to sell any of them?" If you aren't happy with one get rid of it, if you like them all keep them all. I quit smoking, cut back on eating out, do half my shopping at one store and half at another to save $50. I don't know if this will help you, but may be it can give you a fresh outlook.
    Bowtech Sniper 55lb 29" draw
    Easton ST Excell 400 with blazers, 100 grain field point
    True ball fire ball release, Octane 7" stabilizer, hostage capture rest, Spot Hogg Hunter sight