You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ASA qualifier, Ada,OK

Outlaw archery will be having their qualifier next weekend, June 6th and 7th. Saturday will be a trickle start from 8:00a.m. till 2:00p.m. Sunday will also be a trickle start from 8:00a.m. till 12:00 noon. We will have concessions available as well as a full line of archery supplies in the shop. 12 Ring Archery will also be holding a shoot on Saturday at Connerville, just about 18 miles south of Ada, so you long distance folks can make a day of it and shoot both ranges. If you haven't shot at 12 Ring then your missing out. One of the nicest ranges in the country. Weather looks to be good so bring your Thermacells and come on. Hope to see all of ya'll at one place or another. If anyone has any questions you can call me at (580) 320-2768, or Outlaw Archery (580) 332-5648. Thanks for looking.

Chris

Thanks for the plug Chris. I'll have the range at 12 Ring setup ASA style walk down walk back. We are also having a trickle start from 9 to 1. That way those of you who do shoot the qualifier early can swing buy and shoot another great range.
    Goldtip Arrows,T.R.U. Ball Releases
    ,Bohning vanes

Quote Originally Posted by okarcher View Post
    Thanks for the plug Chris. I'll have the range at 12 Ring setup ASA style walk down walk back. We are also having a trickle start from 9 to 1. That way those of you who do shoot the qualifier early can swing buy and shoot another great range.
    I will be at ARK shooting!

Hilburn can I have your autograph just mail it 2 me I will hang it on my wall
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

I'll bring you a signed one from me and jame next time we come to shoot
    ,Bohning vanes

I'll bring you a signed one from me and jame next time we come to shoot
    I done got james
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

Default Just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Okbowman View Post
    Outlaw archery will be having their qualifier next weekend, June 6th and 7th. Saturday will be a trickle start from 8:00a.m. till 2:00p.m. Sunday will also be a trickle start from 8:00a.m. till 12:00 noon. We will have concessions available as well as a full line of archery supplies in the shop. 12 Ring Archery will also be holding a shoot on Saturday at Connerville, just about 18 miles south of Ada, so you long distance folks can make a day of it and shoot both ranges. If you haven't shot at 12 Ring then your missing out. One of the nicest ranges in the country. Weather looks to be good so bring your Thermacells and come on. Hope to see all of ya'll at one place or another. If anyone has any questions you can call me at (580) 320-2768, or Outlaw Archery (580) 332-5648. Thanks for looking.

Chris
    I thought all the pro ams this year were shotgun starts? All the one I have went to this year were shotgun starts. I believe Texas qaulifiers are all shotgun starts as well.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I think it is still up to the range but im not for sure
    ,Bohning vanes

Default Maybe

I think it is still up to the range but im not for sure
    Apparently it must be if there doing the trickle start thing. Just seems to be smart to have everyone start at the same time and everyone shoot in there classes if your having a shooter of the year.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

DB I do believe we are getting closer to having all Qualifiers being Shotgun starts. I for one agree with you Dan when shooter of the year is on the line all shoots should be equal as much as possible. Then when you witness 140 shooters all at the same time it creates one awesome atmosphere....

I know that our reps are working for the shotgun start to be for all.....Maybe next year...

Default Shotgun starts

The way I understand, all qualifiers are to be shotgun start. The ranges can destinate the times and have two start times each day, but are to be shotgun starts. Equal playing feild for all shooting and chasing shooter of the year.
    Elisha Plum--Hoyt Staff--VANGUARD Pro Staff--Goldtip Staff--Archery Outpost--Sure-Loc--Proud member of Creek County Archers

Default Ada ASA qualifier

Like Darrel said, we will be having a shotgun start both days at 10:00a.m.
    Sorry about any confusion we may have caused. Hope to see everyone there. It will be a good time.

Default Always a fun range to shoot

Like Darrel said, we will be having a shotgun start both days at 10:00a.m.
    Sorry about any confusion we may have caused. Hope to see everyone there. It will be a good time.
    I often think about Ed. Highly recommend this range guys.
    It will be challenging and a fun time. Here just a copuple of pictures I took at this range. Also here is one of my favorite pictures of Ed Wheeler. He still watching us from above.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default I miss him

Ed is a huge part of who I am as an archer and person. I really wish I'd known him longer. I never got tired of his stories. I'd go to Ed's after work sometimes and my wife would ask if I'd be back by morning! He shared a lot of stories and some tips and instruction that I'll always take with me. He influenced so many people in the archery world. God hasn't made many like him. Dan, you are another great influence for our sport. Archery in Oklahoma wouldn't be where it is today without guys like Ed Wheeler and DB and all their dedication and hard work. Thanks to you both.

Chris

directions??????????

Default wish it was closer

359 miles from me

Anyone from the Wichita, KS area going that may carpool the last half of the trip?

Default Ed was always smiling

Ed is a huge part of who I am as an archer and person. I really wish I'd known him longer. I never got tired of his stories. I'd go to Ed's after work sometimes and my wife would ask if I'd be back by morning! He shared a lot of stories and some tips and instruction that I'll always take with me. He influenced so many people in the archery world. God hasn't made many like him. Dan, you are another great influence for our sport. Archery in Oklahoma wouldn't be where it is today without guys like Ed Wheeler and DB and all their dedication and hard work. Thanks to you both.

Chris

He welcomed everyone and showed kindness that is rare in these times. He is a Oklahoma Archery legend in my books. His shop has more recurves than any shop I have ever seen. I got to shoot with Ed alot of times. He touched alot of archers lives.
    DB

he was one of a kind! That is for sure.

Have had lots of people asking for directions. Some from Texas even. I have been there, but I don't remember how to get there as I was not driving at the time.
    Alpine Archery - factory staff shooter ** Coyote Bluff Archery - staff shooter ** Victory Arrows - advisory staff ** Bohning - staff shooter
    Equipment: Alpine Sienna (yep it's PINK!), Victory X-RingerHV 350, Bohning Blazer X2's, Trophy Taker, Scott's Little Bitty Goose

Default Directions

Ok. If your coming from the North:

Highway 377/99 south to Ada. Exit onto Lonnie Abbott Blvd. and go east.
    Take Lonnie Abbott east to Country Club Rd. Turn left onto Country Club and go approx. 1 mile north to Tower Rd. Turn right onto Tower Rd. and go about 1.5 miles and the range will be on the left at the big yellow sign.

If coming from the south:

Coming up from Highway 48, take 48 to Highway 3 west. Take 3 to 99/377 north to Lonnie Abbott Blvd. Take Lonnie Abbott to Country Club. Country Club north to Tower Rd. Take Tower Rd. east 1.5 miles to big yellow sign on the left.

If coming from the east (McAllester):

Take Highway 1 west to Country Club Rd. Turn right onto Country Club Rd.
    Take Country Club north about 1.5 miles to Tower Rd. Turn right onto Tower Rd. and go 1.5 miles to the range, big yellow sign on left.

Hope this helps. If not let me know and I'll see what I can do. Thanks,

Chris

Default Directions