You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Devine Shot here had his best pro am finish

Mike Devine finished fourth from what I was told. I think he shoots Bowhunter class.

Way to go Mike. I know you and Julie work hard and its paying off.

Mike has a good time doing as well. He film hunts for a living. Anyone wanting some editing of any hunts they have done should contact Mike. He darn good.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I heard he shot 14 up... daaaaaaaaang Michael, that's some kinda shootin'!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Tat a boy I bet he had his pooter shooter shirt on 2
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

A big congrats to my man Mike! He has really bean working hard and its showing super shooting!!! I would also like to thank Mike for litterally letting me borrow the shirt off his back
    Goldtip Arrows,T.R.U. Ball Releases
    ,Bohning vanes

Congrats Mike. Thats awesome. Those guys better look out in Illinios. Mike is on his way to the top for sure.

sorry, i was wrong...Mr. Devine shot 16 up!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Default Mr. Devine

Great shooting Mr Devine ! Next stop 1st place!

Great job Mike, you'll be on that podium in no time.

Time to let Julie hold your bow now.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

Thanks Guys that means so much. It has been hard to take when I get to a national shoot I could never step up. This trip I had 0 expectations and it seemed to work for me.

I just wish I could have shown up strong on Saturday. Judging yardage and shooting good scores I feel I can hold my own most of time. KY i could not see anything past 33 yards for what it was. I ended 2 down for first day and sitting in 35th place. I told everyone man it just sucked my yardage was off cause I shot the bow freaking awesome. Then Julie tells me what is going to be my ecxuse tomorrow. She is so supportive think she tried to lite a fire in me.

Well Sunday comes along and my holding and my form was true as on Sunday and what a fun ride that day was. To go from at least making a decent showing but once I got to Ten up and some short targets coming up the pressure hit that I could make stage. Wow what a feeling a nice corsican Ram at 19 yards got me 4 more points. Then with three targets left I told myself to just shoot safe and maintain and my next shot at 35 yards at the center 10 went off weak and barely hung the ten Line. Then I said what the heck am I slowing down for just about cost me points so I went hard at the next two 12 rings and got them both.........WOW what a feeling and rush to finish strong.I shot only one 8 all day and it was just 1/8 inch above upper 12. If I would have pulled that line it would have got me second place......

Thanks guys for believing in me and to my group as well three guys in my group after day one was in the top with 6 up a piece and when I started my big run man they were behind me cheering me on the whole way.......Now that was the best part about it Guys with great sportsmanship meant a lot cause I try my best to cheer my fellow competitors on. Thanks everyone.

It was only made possible through the great parties David Lay puts on cause Hacker gives out some great tips way into the night.

Thanks Again......

Quote Originally Posted by hstubblefield View Post
    Tat a boy I bet he had his pooter shooter shirt on 2

Yes in fact I did bring out the pooter shooter shirt on Saturday and seem to attract a lot of attention.... I have a lot of people asking where my shooter shirt is and going to have to step it up a notch for Metropolis...

Instead of Pooter Shooter it was Harry "The Uther Guy" on back of Shirt.

Master G I will have you shirt ready.......
    Anyone else would like to join Team "?????"

Just let me know. If any suggestions on name post here.

The obvious would be Team Redneck's but maybe someone has better Idea.

Oh Yea I already have DB a shirt started so no need to apply.....

I want one mike How can I be on team pooter shooter
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

way to go Mikey!! woo hoo...

For those of you that know Michael, you know he has really been struggling this year. A LOT of that has had to do with his single minded determination to help me be the best shooter I can be. His shooting has taken a back stage to mine all year. He is so busy working all the time to make sure that we can afford to make all the ASA ProAms so I can make my run at SOY that he just doesn't get the practice time in that I do. He has sacrificed shooting MANY times in order to stay home with the girls because we didn't have a sitter for the day and he wanted me to be able to shoot. Even now, with him just getting back from his best finish ever, he is already helping me plan my practice time between now and Metropolis by volunteering to pick up the slack around the house for me so that I can shoot until my arms fall off. He is a FANTASTIC shooter that could be an UNBELIEVABLE shooter if he had half the practice time that he gives me. He is an even better husband and father. I am so proud of him for so many things, but his performance this last weekend will forever be a great moment for me. Next stop.... I predict there will be TWO Devine's on the stage in Metroplois! Somebody might want to warn Alpine!
    Alpine Archery - factory staff shooter ** Coyote Bluff Archery - staff shooter ** Victory Arrows - advisory staff ** Bohning - staff shooter
    Equipment: Alpine Sienna (yep it's PINK!), Victory X-RingerHV 350, Bohning Blazer X2's, Trophy Taker, Scott's Little Bitty Goose

Quote Originally Posted by Devine Shot View Post
    Yes in fact I did bring out the pooter shooter shirt on Saturday and seem to attract a lot of attention.... I have a lot of people asking where my shooter shirt is and going to have to step it up a notch for Metropolis...

Instead of Pooter Shooter it was Harry "The Uther Guy" on back of Shirt.

Master G I will have you shirt ready.......
    Anyone else would like to join Team "?????"

Just let me know. If any suggestions on name post here.

The obvious would be Team Redneck's but maybe someone has better Idea.

Oh Yea I already have DB a shirt started so no need to apply.....
    Awesome, and let me start here by saying what an honor it will be, to be representing one of the best natured fun loving shooting teams in America.... Getter Done!

Quote Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
    Great job Mike, you'll be on that podium in no time.

Time to let Julie hold your bow now.
    yea on that subject i carried julies bow up the hill to the range both mornings and after my 18 up sunday shoot i lifted the bow to her and said it is about time you carry my bow.........

you will never guess what she said.........

well maybe you guess right it was something like sorry about your luck......
    no support i tell ya.....

Quote Originally Posted by Devine Shot View Post
    yea on that subject i carried julies bow up the hill to the range both mornings and after my 18 up sunday shoot i lifted the bow to her and said it is about time you carry my bow.........

you will never guess what she said.........

well maybe you guess right it was something like sorry about your luck......
    no support i tell ya.....
    Yeah, I have to say those hills suck. I was barely able to catch my breath as it was, I think I would have blacked out from lack of oxygen had I tried to carry anything else.
    Alpine Archery - factory staff shooter ** Coyote Bluff Archery - staff shooter ** Victory Arrows - advisory staff ** Bohning - staff shooter
    Equipment: Alpine Sienna (yep it's PINK!), Victory X-RingerHV 350, Bohning Blazer X2's, Trophy Taker, Scott's Little Bitty Goose