You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: want opinions

Question want opinions

I am having oroblems with my fletchings coming off. i shoot probably 100 arrows a day and i have a problem with my fletchings coming off. i dont fletch the arrows my self so its getting to be a hassle to run into the pro shop tp get them refletched. if you have any suggestions let me hear them. thx

Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spencerhoyt View Post
    if you have any suggestions let me hear them.
    There is no reason a properly applied fletching should ever come off unless you are hitting it with other arrows or passing through your target or backstop.

All our (Victory) arrows have thier 3D Duravanes applied by hand (by one of our forum members "VeroShooter" from wehavearrows.com) and we have NEVER had one come off after literally thousands of shots.

My advice:
    • Invest the $ and get a fletching jig and stop paying someone else to do an inadequate job,
    • Shoot 5 spots instead of one-spot
    • don't miss the bale....
    SandSquid

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.

you need to be shooting at more than one spot after all

you are shooting a hoyt

Quote Originally Posted by spencerhoyt View Post
    I am having oroblems with my fletchings coming off. i shoot probably 100 arrows a day and i have a problem with my fletchings coming off. i dont fletch the arrows my self so its getting to be a hassle to run into the pro shop tp get them refletched. if you have any suggestions let me hear them. thx
    MAN, buy your own jig and glue for $40 and learn to do them yourself. It is not rocket surgery and will pay for itself in no time, trust me, I'm a doctor.

And if your pro shop can't get arrow fletching right, I'm worried about what else they might not be able to get right, after you've done a couple, its a piece of cake.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Start fletching your own.

It's not hard and it gives you something to do while your resting between shots.

If fletching your own arrows is not an option. Ask the shop which glue they are using. Hopefully not Bohning Fltechtite.

If they have it, ask them if they wouldn't mind doing yours with Fast-set gel.

I'm with Sandsquid on the 3d Duravanes.

I use Fast-set and Duravanes, and it is darn near impossible to pull off a vane with a pair of pliers.

Quote Originally Posted by SandSquid View Post
    There is no reason a properly applied fletching should ever come off unless you are hitting it with other arrows or passing through your target or backstop.

All our (Victory) arrows have thier 3D Duravanes applied by hand (by one of our forum members "VeroShooter" from wehavearrows.com) and we have NEVER had one come off after literally thousands of shots.

My advice:
    • Invest the $ and get a fletching jig and stop paying someone else to do an inadequate job,
    • Shoot 5 spots instead of one-spot
    • don't miss the bale....

what are 3d duravanes? are they srtonger than regular vanes and how much do they cost? what jig owuld you recomend for fleching arrows?

My personal preferance is the BITZENBURGER FLETCHING JIG

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/prod...0t8f1aphopups1

though there are others out there that are a bit less expensive. But I have run accross too many things in archery that made me wish i had just spent more money first cause the less expensive option just made me go back and spend more later. As far as adhesives go I use

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/prod...0t8f1aphopups1

I have never had a fletching come loose (even when I wanted it to). my vanes come apart first. and then hot melt for tips/inserts.
    CSAA Member

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document

Make sure your vanes are clearing your rest.

Default fletching jig

look for arizona easy fletch does all three vanes at once and is really easyits around $45.00 or less i did 6 arrows today in about 1/2 hour and it was the first time i used it and you can find a vidio of how it works