You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Tree stands

Default Tree stands

Curious if anyone here has ever used an Equalizer tree stand ?

Do/did you like it ? Good and bad points. Thanks.
    Mathews Drenalin 65lbs, Muzzys, Vortex Binos, ,Bushnell Bow Hunter, Equalizer tree stand
    The only stupid question is the one you never asked !!.

they look pretty cool! If i didnt get a brand new climber about 2 years ago, I may look into them

I am, however looking for a good hang on
    Welcome to New Jersey..Home of where the weak are killed and eaten

Parker Spitfire bow,HHA Prong Rest,Montanna Black Gold Fiber Optics,Cabelas Carbon Hunter Arrows

Default Not around here.

Cool idea, but most guys around here use hang-on stands, because we don't have a lot of pine trees. Now, Georgia's a different story.

I normally ,for the last 3 yrs, go to Georgia to hunt. Unfortunately the economy being what it is I decided to hunt public land in Fl. this yr. So I need to outfit myself by Sept. Pines are abundant here. Tree stands - Bowhunting forum
    Now toss in what I found last night for a blind.
    http://www.ghostblind.com/ and I wish I had more money. This looks like a great idea also. Only issues I can see so far is wind and scent. Scent being a bigger issue while your at nose level. So much to think about.
    Mathews Drenalin 65lbs, Muzzys, Vortex Binos, ,Bushnell Bow Hunter, Equalizer tree stand

I use an equalizer and I really enjoy it. It's quiet, easy to set up in the dark, and the construction of the stand is 2nd to none, but the best part is the adjustability while you are climbing the tree..
    USMC- 89'-95', Desert Shield/Desert Storm/ Desert Sweep
    07 Bowtech Alley/Muzzy Zero Effect/ Beman ICS 340
    o---->www.Starrflight.com "Go FOB yourself"!

I'm this close "" to ordering one today. I am glad to hear someone told me it was quiet.
    It wouldn't be worth a hoot if it wasn't/ Also hitting that 1/2 century markTree stands - Bowhunting forum this season a sit and stand climber is becoming very appealing.

It showed up yesterday. Directions were great and a video on putting it together and using it came with it also. ( They should of had videos for all the toys we put together for the kids over the years)Tree stands - Bowhunting forum

Got it all put together and on my back and jumped around and the thing is quiet. Packs away nicely. The adjustable back packing straps make it simple to get on and off . Also adjusting it while on your back is a snap.
    Was kind of late but did take it up a tree 6 ft or so and jumped around on it. This thing is pretty darn stable so far. Swapping the seat from facing the tree to your back against the tree while in it is simple. Keeping it level on the way up and down is as sweet as it gets. Of course I'll know more about that later when I take it to a height I'm comfortable with. Like 7 ft. Tree stands - Bowhunting forum I got the safety bar /back rest /shooting rest depending on which way your facing. Adds very little weight. I recommend it. Gonna play more with it today. They toss in a safety harness also. Becoming pretty common to see harnesses tossed in these days . Now I have 2.
    I'm sure I'll find something less than perfect with it eventually and I'll let ya know.
    Hope this helps someone that may be considering a new cable climber.

Hey all. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Quick update on this thing for those who want.

I have used it now for the last 10 days or so. I love the thing and so does my buddy that doesn't have one. Climbing 20 + feet is nothing. My bow rope is 25 ft. I seem to have 3 ft or so left each time when I decide that's high enough. I have a thing for heights so for me to feel comfortable says something. Tree stands - Bowhunting forum Keeping it level on the way up is simple. Packing it in and standing in it is very quiet as long as you don't hit something. .

• Packing it in it's quite.
    • Couple of metallic noises if your not careful Packing unpacking and setting it up.
      Going to look into some strips of something like one side of velco to quiet some of that.
    • Climbing the tree itself not a sound. Other than the tree bark.
    • No squeaks in the least while your in it or out of it. One solid unit.
    • I really feel safe in this thing. Tree stands - Bowhunting forum Tree stands - Bowhunting forum Tree stands - Bowhunting forum
    • Actually one of the handles that turns the screw to adjust the cable on the way up or down made some noise this last time out if I turned it to fast. Slowed that down and there was no noise. Probably needs some oil/grease.

If you can swallow the price it's well worth it.

Unfortunately it didn't attract the deer . Tree stands - Bowhunting forum Glad I didn't buy it for that.

Muzzle-loading season in 2 weeks.