You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default mathews following pse

i just got a chance to shoot the pse omen and the mathews monster. mathews has taken almost everthing from pse. they are almost identical bowsexcept the cams. for one i think that the pse is a lot smoother than the monster is. the monster has such a agressive cams. i am not saying that pse doesn't but pse has designed their cams waty better.

give me a response

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spencerhoyt View Post
    i just got a chance to shoot the pse omen and the mathews monster. mathews has taken almost everthing from pse. they are almost identical bowsexcept the cams. for one i think that the pse is a lot smoother than the monster is. the monster has such a agressive cams. i am not saying that pse doesn't but pse has designed their cams waty better.

give me a response
    They are speed bows. when you get right down to it, they aren't that different in draw force curves. Minor details seperate them. I shot the Monster. Its a nice bow with a speed bow draw cycle. I've never shot the Omen. So I can't give you a product review. Just curious where did you shoot the OMEN ?????????
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Bin View Post
    They are speed bows. when you get right down to it, they aren't that different in draw force curves. Minor details seperate them. I shot the Monster. Its a nice bow with a speed bow draw cycle. I've never shot the Omen. So I can't give you a product review. Just curious where did you shoot the OMEN ?????????
    Must have been in Tuscon......
    I cut things up and split them down!

I also have to ask you, if Mathews is following PSE, how come the XLR8 is being shipped now

Whats the projected date of OMEN's to hit store shelves?

This topic has been beaten to death...
    Be good or be good at it.

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

The reason that the monster has a more aggressive draw is because of the 80% let off compared to the 65% or what ever the X-force's let off is.

If it all came down to it, and I had some extra money, I would have to buy the mathews drenalin. I know its not as fast but I would take a more forgiving bow. Plus, the faster the bow, the faster you miss.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    yeah, but i missed it the first time around, and making people go nuts is the best fun I have during the day......

We all know that Matt is a much better bow engineer than Pete. Pete has been trying to keep up with Matt for years and its just not gonna happen. Maybe Pete should start talkin to Kevin and Uncle Ted.

"HONDA"

Unhappy I've always thought !

That it was Mathews ,who wrote "catch us if you can " ,maybe some here have forgotten or just have no memory system at all !

Default srry not the omen

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    Must have been in Tuscon......
    srry but the new pse bows is what i am relating to

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    We all know that Matt is a much better bow engineer than Pete. Pete has been trying to keep up with Matt for years and its just not gonna happen. Maybe Pete should start talkin to Kevin and Uncle Ted.
    you cant say that matt thought of the highly preloaded limbs thats what i am talking about. pse had them way before matt made the monster. i think that pse is going to be the speed bow comany of the future. mathews should stick to accuracy and smoothness thats what they are good at. i think that mathews makes one of the best hunting bows. i know my bname suggest that i am a hoyt man but i still look at all kinds ofd bows. as soon as a new bow comes into my proshop i go and shoot it. i have shot the monster and i didn't care for the bow. i personaly dont think that speed is everything so i would take a smooth slow bow over a fast agrressive bow. i think that all bow comanies can learn from each other. some of the lesser known bow companies are making a name for themselves. when somebody comes up with a good idea its hard to resist to copy.

give me a response
    Ok... bite me

now grow up and quit worrying about bow companies; they're like every other manufacturer...... in the business to sell you something...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Only if I lived out west on the plains would I be interested in either of these 2 bows...
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Speed bows are not my cup of tea, but if I had to choose I would go with Mathews....Resale!

The Monster is also a better looking rig!

Also....at least Mathews still has a forum.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Ok... bite me

now grow up and quit worrying about bow companies; they're like every other manufacturer...... in the business to sell you something...
    Classic, simply classic Javi, I am laughing so hard I have tears.