You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Fish Stories?

Default Fish Stories?

Anyone into fishin'? If so for what and how often?
    I live on a lake so I bass fish as often as I can, sometimes everyday for a couple hours. I also try to make a couple trips a year to the Jersey shore to go out on the boats for Fluke, Bluefish, or Sea Bass.

I work within 2 minuets of the Ashokan Resivoir....
    Great Smallmouth fishing and the Trout isnt to bad.....
    My boss and I try to make it to Pepactin Res. every spring for trout, much better trout fishing then Ashokan.....

I also like to hit the little ponds, as some times they hold some mighty treasures.......

But I would have to say my favorite fishing is ice fishing.....I start getting excited about ice fishing about the time spring turkey starts....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I went from having a pond in my backyard and fishing everyday to fishing maybe once or twice a year. When I lived in Illinois I had a pond that was stocked with Large Mouth, Crappies, Blue gills and catfish. With being unable to find a good and convenient fishing hole in PA, I have replaced my fishing hobby with flinging arrows now.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I work within 2 minuets of the Ashokan Resivoir....
    Great Smallmouth fishing and the Trout isnt to bad.....
    My boss and I try to make it to Pepactin Res. every spring for trout, much better trout fishing then Ashokan.....

I also like to hit the little ponds, as some times they hold some mighty treasures.......

But I would have to say my favorite fishing is ice fishing.....I start getting excited about ice fishing about the time spring turkey starts....
    I haven't been to the resivoir in years used to go all the time. I live on Tillson Lake, the fishing is Ok. It useed to be stocked in the 60's with trout and bass but it was drained 15 yrs ago to repair the dam and sat empty for 4-5 yrs so it hasn't been the same since.

I love fishing the irrigation ponds in the apple orchards around here. There's monsters in them holes.

Don't icefish as much as I'd like to, but that's the same with alot of things I guess.

Ice fishing I make time for.....

I put more effort in to making time to go ice fishing, than i do to go bow hunting.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default fishing

i am very lucky. i have three creeks one behind my house, the others 5 min. walk. two rivers about 30 min. drive. and two lakes about 40 min. drive. also some farm ponds with large mouth bass. the ones i enjoy most is wolf creek and new river fishing for smallies. new river also have muskie which i have started fishing for. i will fish for any kind of fish. from pan fish to deep sea fishing once a year. from now untill about april is when i catch the big smallmouths.

Default can't beat bass fishing

Live near Lake Fork, great bass lake in Texas. You can't really beat the bite & fighting a bass back to the boat. Best this year was a 9.9 on a weightless 8inch lizard.
    sooner born, sooner bred, when I die I'll be sooner dead!!!!

i have never caught a fish on a lizard.i have tried live ones and plastic . no luck. i have caught a lot on plastic worms. my favorite is the green tomato core worm.i guess my next favorite bait would be the spinner baits. then plugs. i've also had good luck with the motor oil color worms.

Lizards do well here, weightless, texas rigged, or carolina rigged. I like using them because they are bulkier and looked darn in the water. Best colort is watermelon/Chart. w/ red fleck. Brushhogs do well also. Lately i have gotten into drop shot. Not real good yet but its a different presentation and I've had fun with it. It's as simple as all git'out. Kinda a like catfishing for bass.
    Last edited by soonerhunt; 10-20-2006 at 03:39 PM. Reason: forgot something
    sooner born, sooner bred, when I die I'll be sooner dead!!!!

Default Stripers in the Hudson

Any of you guys into striper fishing in the Hudson River? I'm gona give it a shot for the first time this spring. i plan on going in at Plum Point in New Windsor N.Y. Anyone interested in joining us, give me a holler.

I live right on Lake Erie. I've got the worlds best walleye, and some of the worlds best smallmouth fishing practically in my backyard. Not to mention largemouth, panfish, and catfish.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

i live in michigan... im surounded by water everywere and i fish most of it. lake erie walleyes are the best. but this year im going to try st. claire
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

I live a mile from the biggest natural lake in the state and keep a boat in Gloucester (you know where the fish sticks come from) I have two kayaks, a canoe a 23 foot walk around and a 8.5 foot pram and not enough time to use them. I love diving and fishing.
    Jennings Uniforce 70lbs
    overdraw
    XX75 2216's (26")
    Muzzy 100 3 blade.
    FBSA PROUD MEMBER.
    President of the DickyDoo club.

Quote Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
    Any of you guys into striper fishing in the Hudson River? I'm gona give it a shot for the first time this spring. i plan on going in at Plum Point in New Windsor N.Y. Anyone interested in joining us, give me a holler.
    I haven't been striper fishing in years. I used to fish in Highland by the Mid-Hudson Bridge.

grew up on the mississippi river grew up fishin' try to go a couple times a month during the summer. usually load up the camper and go somewhere within a couple hours from home.

FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second