You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Move your stand or not?

So tell me how many people, put stands back in the same place, year after year??.....was just wondering as I am always looking to improve my stand locations.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I may move them alittle, but mostly they stay in the same area. it depends on what my scouting turns up. I have a ladder stand that I haven't moved in 4 years. I just check it about mid September to make sure it's still sound.

I keep putting some stands back in the hot spots. But I always try some new locations just to see what is going on.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Site Guru

I'm in a new spot almost every day, i don't hang stands though, I just pack my summit in in the early hours and then climb the tree

the place i hunt deer, the owner has his stands up all year, we dont move them, but theirs 4 of them, plus we hide on the hay stack and have a good natural blind spot, so theirs lots of options, saw 96 deer come out tonight, and 2 dandy bucks.... one of whitch i messed up on.... most of the time the wind direction is how i select where i will sit, im hooked up great cause the landowner dosent bow hunt, so i have the run of the place.... tonight was my 4th night in a row, and ill go everynight now till i kill the big one i missed tonight, if i dont gettem with the bow, ill haveto get the thunder stick out i guess

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    the place i hunt deer, the owner has his stands up all year, we dont move them, but theirs 4 of them, plus we hide on the hay stack and have a good natural blind spot, so theirs lots of options, saw 96 deer come out tonight, and 2 dandy bucks.... one of whitch i messed up on.... most of the time the wind direction is how i select where i will sit, im hooked up great cause the landowner dosent bow hunt, so i have the run of the place.... tonight was my 4th night in a row, and ill go everynight now till i kill the big one i missed tonight, if i dont gettem with the bow, ill haveto get the thunder stick out i guess
    you counted all 96 of them? where the hell do you hunt! I'm MOVING!
    No I'm not dead

yep i counted them. im sure their were more then that, theirs a few blind spots from some tree branches and limbs, so i cant see the entire feild, its pry about 300 yards wide and 400 or so long, and has nice green hay growing in it, gets a lot of deer on it!!