You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Anybody else use the AS or No Peep?

Or am I alone in the forest?
    FBSA Member

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I used the Hind which I did like for hunting as it made you pay attention to your form however I just went back to a normal peep and it has helped my shooting. I found in the end it was a distraction.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

For about 4 years I assembled a variety of my own versions of a hind sight style sight, only with much better quality componets and some of my own making. Eventually, I decided that I don't need a peep or a rear sight. I'm shooting better than ever without either, especially at longer ranges. The problem with the hind sight concept is that I had to drop my anchor point to line up 30, 40, and 50 yard front pins with the rear sight. This created windage accuracy problems. I even designed my own rear sight with several pins to avoid the anchor issue. In the end, using only a 5 pin front sight with a kisser button, a consistant anchor, and no peep is what works best for me. The most important thing for consistant "real world" accuracy while hunting is to practice in all conditions I plan to hunt in. I shoot 30' up a tree in the wind, rain, snow and low light while wearing my hunting gear, especially gloves and head wear. So far, I haven't missed a deer kill since I started practicing this way year round.

I also like just using a pair of tied nocks at nose level where it touches the string. Same Idea as a kisser just a different location. The tip of my nose just fits between them. I love the open view of not using a peep.
    FBSA Member