You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Sights

jsmall317

Default Sights

I bought a bear truth 2 and have 5 pin tru glu sights on it but cant shoot over 60yds with the pins that i have. They are spread as far as they will go. Does anyone have any sugestions for better sights?

WHY can't you shoot over 60 yards with the ones you have?
    FBSA Member

Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmall317 View Post
    I bought a bear truth 2 and have 5 pin tru glu sights on it but cant shoot over 60yds with the pins that i have. They are spread as far as they will go. Does anyone have any sugestions for better sights?
    Unless you are shooting a FITA 900 round, why would anybody need (or want) to shoot to, or even past 60 Meters?
    SandSquid

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.

you should be able to adjust the whole sight, not just the pins. sliding it down 1/4"-3/8" will make a world of difference.

you might consider switching to a single pin slider sight.

Quote Originally Posted by aljo View Post
    you should be able to adjust the whole sight, not just the pins. sliding it down 1/4"-3/8" will make a world of difference.
    Sights - Bowhunting forum
    Mathews Drenalin 65lbs, Muzzys, Vortex Binos, ,Bushnell Bow Hunter, Equalizer tree stand
    The only stupid question is the one you never asked !!.

jsmall317

My pins are 20 all the way at the top and 60 all the way at the bottom. They are spread all the way out and cant be adjusted anymore. I think i need to have my pounds checked. I thought it was set at 70 but may not be. Seams like my pins should not be so spread out with that pound on that bow. I shoot 3d for fun and we like to go even to a 100 yds just to do it.

You either have to increase speed or drop your anchor to reach out that far with that sight. If your sight had a larger pin gaurd you could gain some, but not 100 yards and keep a 20 yard pin. My bows are in the 310 IBO neighborhood, and with a 2" pingaurd and where I anchor, 60 is about it too. You can use the bottom of your pin gaurd and or top of your level for the longest mark and work back from there. But without a larger gaurd, or a sight with an elevation bar, I doubt you can get 20 to 100.
    Last edited by red44; 07-01-2009 at 11:51 PM.
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmall317 View Post
    I can put my 22 yard pin on the target and from 70 yards take the shot. I use the Anchor Sight to change range and although I don't shoot targets as a rule and have only shot at this distance perhaps five time in my life... I did shoot a softball size group using my hunting bow with whisker biscuit rest at 58#