You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

Default Rain, Rain, go away!!! You Ruined my "vacation"

What a great vacation, first "real" leave I've taken in 4 years that has been more than a single day at a time. First time for me to get back up to NH in 6 years to do some serious Mountain Biking again, and it's rained every one of the 10 days we've been here!!!

14 days stuck in a 1800's farmhouse with a completely deranged mother-in-law. I'd rather be stuck in Baghdad dodging IED's and random mortars... or undergo unanesthetized root canal, or be smeared in honey and staked out over a fire-and mound.

And no cell service, but at least I got free wireless sitting in the parking-lot of the town library, when they forget to turn the router off after hours :-)

We did carefully watch the Doppler Radar and we got out and shot the course at Bear brook State Park (Pembroke, NH) got soaked up to our knees and covered our boots in mud but it sure beat our other mode of shooting which consisted of me running out in the downpours to fetch her arrows while Mrs.Squid stood under the canopy of the porch with the screen door held open shooting the blank bale out on the yard...

Weather guessers say it is going to stop raining Thursday...
    We are leaving out to start meandering south/west Wednesday night.

Man, I need BEER!!!
    SandSquid

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.

Default stopped raining...

We got out to the range and course at Bear Brook S.P. just before breaking the bows down and packing up the car to head back to TN.
    Last edited by SandSquid; 01-09-2010 at 12:02 PM.
    SandSquid

Wink Give this a thought !

At least your bike has got mudders on it ,I ride a cross (hybred )or road bikes and travel either bike paths or go out on the highway and let the semis past me !

PS I'm too lazy to ride your type of bike where you must go !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    At least your bike has got mudders on it ,I ride a cross (hybred )or road bikes and travel either bike paths or go out on the highway and let the semis past me !
    I have a CycloCross bike outfitted with road slicks that I use to commute back and forth to work on 3 days a week (100 miles a week average).

Bicycle commuting though Memphis TN is a real experience in "Combat Touring" I ride w/ my ASP collapsible baton zip-tied to my handle bars and a can of "Freeze +P" at the ready, and they are not for the 4-legged animals, they are for the 2-legged kind.

I'm even more of a cycling freak that I am an archery nut
    Let's just say, I have more bikes than bows, and I have 7 bows, and some (OK, most) of them cost more than new car I drive!

I even went so far as to have my 29" disc brake single speed shipped over to The SandBox when I went on my last deployment: she's a real beautiful example of form following function.
    Last edited by SandSquid; 01-09-2010 at 12:00 PM.
    SandSquid