You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default bowtech brigadier??

Well finally got to shoot a brigadier and was dissappointed. The bow had some issues right out the box. string vibration and serving rubbing on upper limb. After speaking with my archery tech they ended up sending it back to bowtech to get checked out. We didn't really do any adjustments to bow due to several issues that should have been found at the factory. I'll keep you updated. I shoot a 2007 constitution and haven't found a replacement for my indoor bow. I really like the connie and may end up shooting another 2007 for now indoors competition. I'll keep you updated. Been busy and not getting to shoot as much as I need but still shooting when I can. Check in with you guys later.

Default new new brigadier

Well brigadier came back from factory to our shop. They replaced the upper limb. Reset the bow up at bowtech. Got to shoot the bow again and a totally different bow compared to the one I shot before. The serving is still close to upper limb but acceptable. This bow is a 29" draw and 61 lb. It has a little smoother pull than my 2007. It still has the constitution feel if you want to call it that. I think I will probably buy a new brigadier down the road. First impression really made me nervous. Bowtech should of caught that at factory!!!!! Once I learn a set up I like to stick with it and just keep learning how to shoot. Keep working the form and soon be shooting top notch once indoors start up again.

Default brigadier 2009 stuff

Forgot to mention that when shooting side by side with 2007 connie the brig seems a little smoother. Shot chrono also and speeds were about the same 2007 shot a little quicker because of whisker biskit on brig just for test firing purpose. really only difference is brig already has a string stop and rollers for cables. doesn't really shoot much different than my 2007. Slight vib in hand when shooting but not much. If you compare to captain or admiral or sentinel not as smooth. This brig is for different application than those bows just doesn't shoot as smooth or dead in the hand feel as the split limbs. I feel the longer axel and brace height will help in forgiveness compared to shorter bow for indoor shoots. On my chrono 61lb 377g navigator 430 29"draw shot arounnd 272 to 275fps. I like the bow now that its squared away like it should of been the first time. Gonna order a new custom color in august.

I setup a Brigadier for a customer at 70# since he was going to hunt with it. I put a tripwire drop away rest on it. Set it up like a usually do and walked to the paper tuning rack with an Axis 340. Shot a perfect bullet hole. Can't get much easier than that.

I thought it shot really well for such a long bow. As far as noise and vibration, it's no admiral but it's not bad at all for such a long, forgiving bow.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default I like these bows and everybody else don't get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I setup a Brigadier for a customer at 70# since he was going to hunt with it. I put a tripwire drop away rest on it. Set it up like a usually do and walked to the paper tuning rack with an Axis 340. Shot a perfect bullet hole. Can't get much easier than that.

I thought it shot really well for such a long bow. As far as noise and vibration, it's no admiral but it's not bad at all for such a long, forgiving bow.
    I did a practice 450 vegas shoot today and shot a 443 23x with navigators 430 20 yrds freestyle, 61lb. I was happy with my shoot and all my buddies shoot split limbs and say my bow doesn't look cool. I normally outshoot them all and I'm getting better by the week but I'm not cool. I never was one of the cool kids but took care of business. I've been slowly gettin geared up for indoor and got all my indoor arrows fletched last night and outdoor arrows also. Huntin season is upon me and getting all my stuff squared away before season starts. Antelope season starts 15 august. Brigadier is a good bow but was nervous on first impression.