You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Scent Control

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Default Scent Control

Gents, What are some of favorite ways of controling your scent while going to the stand and while in the stand. Here is a tid bit that a lady at church inadvertantly gave to me. If you stink take zinc. You can buy these in pill form and follow the instructions. Also the Isreali Army developed a deordant called Lavlin, it is also marketed undere the name Pit Stop,baby diaper rash creme also will do the trick only not as long, that has a zinc base and one application last for 7 to 10 days and I liberally apply it to my whole body as I need it during the hunting season. I have a web site for a good price but I cannot locate it now. This stuff really works. What are some of your tried and true ways to fool that nose into thinking that I am 200 yards instead of 20. Straight Shootin, Holy Smokes 17 adys till D-Day in Tn

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

here is one that worked for me....when I lived on a dairy farm....hang your clothes out side the barn......works like a charm.....silly but it worked.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    here is one that worked for me....when I lived on a dairy farm....hang your clothes out side the barn......works like a charm.....silly but it worked.....
    I normally hang my clothes in the some pine trees about 2 - 3 weeks before the season (and hope like heck it doesn't rain)

then I carry a spray bottle of Scent b Gone (Fresh dirt scented) and spray the crap out of my stand, me, my bow, and surrounding area. I've had several deer walk under my stand, all around me, and downwind and they never scent me. The stuff is great.

I respray about every 2 - 3 hours, or when I get bored. You can't use to much

I will wash all my hunting cloths with baking soda, or a sent elimination detergent. Then I hang them outside in a tree as long as I can. I also spray my self with sent eliminator everywhere.
    Martin Cougar III SE Dyna Cam, Gold Tip XT arrows, Trophy Ridge Matrix 5-pin,
    Red Hawk Low Light Peep Sight, STS, Trophy Taker, S-Coil, Limsavers

Genesis 27:3
    Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go
    out to the field, and take me some venison;

I wash mine in a scent eliminating wash. Then put some dirt scented spray in a plastic bag with the clothes and seal it up. Then when I get out of my vehicle I spray the dirt scented stuff all over me especially on my boots and legs then when I get to the stand I spray again all over the area. Never had a problem that I am aware of with getting scented. I had a doe directly down wind last year I was on the ground back in a pine tree and she was only 7 yards. Never did smell me.

"HONDA"

I have become a firm believer in the Scent-Away products that are out. Cloth, and body wash, and the spray. That and then use to wind to my favor. Believe it or not, I have had a mature doe come within 4 feet of me when I was squatting on the ground. Almost reached out and touched me, just couldn't figure out what I was. From that day on it has been Scent-Away.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
    I have become a firm believer in the Scent-Away products that are out. Cloth, and body wash, and the spray. That and then use to wind to my favor. Believe it or not, I have had a mature doe come within 4 feet of me when I was squatting on the ground. Almost reached out and touched me, just couldn't figure out what I was. From that day on it has been Scent-Away.
    yup it is awesome stuff! without a doubt

Scent Control - Bowhunting forum

thats the stuff I use when i'm in the stand and on all my clothing
    No I'm not dead

Yep, thats it. The fresh earth and the original are just a good. I buy the large bottles and carry a small sprayer and refill when needed. You can never use to much.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
    Yep, thats it. The fresh earth and the original are just a good. I buy the large bottles and carry a small sprayer and refill when needed. You can never use to much.
    thats what I do too... but Cabelas didn't have a pic of the big bottles... they even come with a handy spray bottle now to to make it even easier!
    No I'm not dead

i Just use a scent destroying sport wash on my camo clothes, I stay down wind, thats the best way, and besides im a smoker, soooo that prety much kills it anyways, I always found it funny that the dirt smelling scents work, lmao gee that tree smells like dirt!!!! Now is that normal???