You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Anyone see more complaining at 3d's this year?

Is it just up here or is there a lot more complaining about course set ups and how shoots are run this year every where? I have heard so much complaining about just about everything at every shoot I have gone to this year, mostly over distances, I have heard people complaining that practice butts were short or long a yard or two,things like Open class shooters complaining about long shots over 35 yards , I thought that is what the open class was for or at a recent qualifier a couple people walked off the course because they thought it was to tough or targets aren't brand new (not bad enough for pass trough's) or one is missing a head (I don't aim for heads anyway). I didn't think it was that bad ,it will be tougher at the championships . I feel a tougher course makes me better and I welcome the challenge that's why I shoot the longer stakes. The other thing is tunnels?? Some people say they shoot 3D to practice for hunting and complain about tunnels or dark shady spots I know when I am hunting the animals don't always walk out into the open perfectly cut shooting lanes
    sorry to ramble but it's getting ridiculous
    Mike Wieck Sales Shooting Staff
    TRU Ball Shooting Staff , LL Cote Shooting Staff
    Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
    Level 2 Instructor,Bowhunter Ed Instructor
    Vt,NH, & CT ASA State Rep

i've heard some here too, which i think is normal. most ranges set up to please the asa crowd.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I'd say maybe a little less than usual actually.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Default After years in a service based industry I ve decided....

Complaining makes people happy.

The End.

The only complaint I'm hearing is having to walk so far to the ranges. Which sucks.

havent heard much complaining here, I did shoot with some folks and they started talking about my club(didnt have a club shirt on) which I am the vice president of. I listened for a while then said to them " So I guess our course is predictable".........got real quiet they tried to apologize which of course i told them it was no big deal, I was using what they said as constructive criticism. kinda funny though
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Your always going to have complaints. The only thing I don't like is when they make all the shots the same. What I mean is they are all long or all short. Oh and the animals should be appropriate for the distance. If you want a longer shot say 45 yards, don't put the skunk out there.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Complaints

Honestly this year in Oklahoma has been good. Most courses I have been to have been set reasonable.

My biggest complaint is making the courses to hard. Most want reasonable distances set which understandable. Setting small target unreasonable distances is the biggest complaints I hear.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I know that there is complaining at every shoot I have been 3ding for over 15 years and putting on shoots with no help except for my wife on shoot days but this year seem to be the worst it's been in a long time . Attendance is down big time and every club is doing there best, most clubs are only doing one day shoots two times a year a couple only put on one I do three, I am a die hard and still do 2 days my wife keeps telling me I shouldn't put in the effort with the poor turn out ( I do it for me), and the lack of respect it's making a lot of the clubs not want to put in the work. You can get 100 great jobs but you get a couple of complaints and it really hits hard and you get less and less help
    It's not just here in Vermont I go to shoots all over New England and the belly aching and nit picking is getting bad
    Mike Wieck Sales Shooting Staff
    TRU Ball Shooting Staff , LL Cote Shooting Staff
    Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
    Level 2 Instructor,Bowhunter Ed Instructor
    Vt,NH, & CT ASA State Rep

My only complaint is when they put a backstop 10 yards off to the side I really don't understand
    Bowtech Sniper 55lb 29" draw
    Easton ST Excell 400 with blazers, 100 grain field point
    True ball fire ball release, Octane 7" stabilizer, hostage capture rest, Spot Hogg Hunter sight

Old Archer

Gee's Guys, we don't have a club within a 100 miles of us but me and the Grandsons try to make a shoot once a month. We do it just for the fun of it and really have a blast no matter what the range is like. So far every shoot we have gone to has been cold and rainy, and we live in West Texas where it doesn't rain that often. Life is just to short to get upset over someting like an archery shoot not being set up like you want it. Besides the cost isn't all that much around here. $10 for non club members and you get to meet some really nice people, except for those your talking about that complain a lot.

Wink There will always be complainers !

There are some ( my wife's relatives seem to be this way ) ,that will always , be doing the complaining regardless ! You can't please everyone ,so why try !

God made them ,so the rest of us could feel good about ourselves !

I've seen a small amount in Washington. I'm a bit of noob to 3-d and I didn't expect it.

I think for me, I want to be pushed... I want a challenging course.

I'd rather lose or break 5 arrows because it was tough than brease through and shoot up along with 15 other people. (wow, another deer at 23 yards...)

One complaint I overheard that I guess I dont understand was a few weeks ago.

There was a turkey target and it was at least 37 yards. A fair poke

I think a few of us snuck 8's and the rest got 5's

This one guy was in full fledge rant (he got a 5) about the unrealistic distance... target too far etc.

Put that sucker out there at 67... I dont care. We all have to shoot the same freakin shot. The tough ones separate the men from the boys.