You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Which is better and why.

Looking to use the Rage broadheads this year. But was wondering which to get the 2 blade or the 3 blade. I know the 2 blade has a bigger cutting dia. but I was leaning toward the 3 blade. Let me know what you guy use and why. I'm going with the Rage so please let me know between the two I'm talking about.
    Thanks,
    Glen

Welcome to 3D Shoots!

To try to help you out a little I checked around here as far as Sales and popularity - sales would be 60% 2 Blade - 40% 3 Blade. As far as resistance on impact the larger cut with the 2 blade should be close to equal of the 3 blade with the smaller diameter cut.

As said when asked around here locally out of 400 = packs sold 60 % were the 2 blade and of all the sales the complaints were minimum. Note: read the directions - thatís the key to success some folks didnít pay attention the o-ring placement in the back.

Hope this Helps Ė Good Luck Hunting this Year
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

Unhappy I have used the 3 bladed !

First off ,I want to get the wagon out for you!

I went from 3 bladed Spitfires to 3 bladed Rage ( I like the Spitfires better ) ,but am planning on fixed blade this coming season on deer (KISS rule ). I know of hunters who love the two bladed Rage .

I used the 2 blade and 3 blades. I prefer the 3 blade cause you getting a larger cutting surface with them than the 2 blade. In my experience I got better blood trails with the 3 blade then the 2 blade. I will be shooting the 3 blade again.

There have been more reports of the 3 blade models not opening properly. I use the 2 blade models with no complaints. After use I disassemble, scald and scrub everything before resharpening and reuse. This is inportant before reusing any mechanical broadhead to be sure all tallow, ect. is removed as it can interfere with the function.