You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default A Few Questions...

To shoot good 3-D, what is the minimum group required to be competitive at 40-50 yards? Three arrow end.
    On static rests like the Trophy-Taker, AAP's, and NAP's which is preferable, the bent pins, teflon pins, or the "lizard tongues?"
    The slots in the "lizard tongues" are for vane/feather clearance, or not?
    Do the "tongues" ride on the spaces between the vanes/feathers?
    As I understand it, IBO rules prevent the use of scope magnification. Is it a good idea to use a mag to sight-in?
    If you're using 2" feathers on LS-400's, do you need any helical O/S like with 4" feathers?
    Is the 2 minute for three shot rule strictly enforced, or do you have time to drink a beer?

Default Ill try

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    To shoot good 3-D, what is the minimum group required to be competitive at 40-50 yards? Three arrow end.
    On static rests like the Trophy-Taker, AAP's, and NAP's which is preferable, the bent pins, teflon pins, or the "lizard tongues?"
    The slots in the "lizard tongues" are for vane/feather clearance, or not?
    Do the "tongues" ride on the spaces between the vanes/feathers?
    As I understand it, IBO rules prevent the use of scope magnification. Is it a good idea to use a mag to sight-in?
    If you're using 2" feathers on LS-400's, do you need any helical O/S like with 4" feathers?
    Is the 2 minute for three shot rule strictly enforced, or do you have time to drink a beer?
    Groups- ASA and IBO both have novice classes. Start there! I would consider a 6" group for most classes would be more than attiquite for most amatuer classes.

Lizard togues work great and so do fall aways if tuned. Most opt for the lizard tongues for the reason to keep it simple. Most rest work if tuned right.

IBo allows only 8X Binos where ASA aloow any magnifcation

I dont use feathers ever. I use blazer type vanes.

Rules are enforced in ASA but often you have more than the allowed time and no you dont have time for a beer.

DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    no you dont have time for a beer.
    I dunno... back in my younger days I could slam a beer in under 30 seconds, including the belch.

These days I prefer a camelbak full of water.
    SandSquid

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Groups- ASA and IBO both have novice classes. Start there! I would consider a 6" group for most classes would be more than attiquite for most amatuer classes.

Lizard togues work great and so do fall aways if tuned. Most opt for the lizard tongues for the reason to keep it simple. Most rest work if tuned right.

IBo allows only 8X Binos where ASA aloow any magnifcation

I dont use feathers ever. I use blazer type vanes.

Rules are enforced in ASA but often you have more than the allowed time and no you dont have time for a beer.

DB
    >>IBo allows only 8X Binos where ASA aloow any magnifcation<<
    I was talking about sight magnification, not binocs to see where your arrows didn't hit.

Default No restrictions on either

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    >>IBo allows only 8X Binos where ASA aloow any magnifcation<<
    I was talking about sight magnification, not binocs to see where your arrows didn't hit.
    No restrcitions on scope lens if that what your talking about in open classes. I know Tom Crowe uses a 2X clearfier and 6X lens and thats thats lots of lens power. Now there may be some limits for lens in pin sights in the hunter classes.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers