You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Wabbit Huntin

Default katera draw length

OK, I know I can take some turns out of the cable to shorten the draw but what else?

Hoyt Thompson on AT offers an instructional tuning video I found very helpful. Otherwise, pm Javi if he doesn't post here.

Wabbit Huntin

Quote Originally Posted by J.Blay View Post
    Hoyt Thompson on AT offers an instructional tuning video I found very helpful. Otherwise, pm Javi if he doesn't post here.
    Yea, I figured Javi would be on.......

Twist up the string. If you have the z3 cams on it untwisting the cables and twisting up the string is about the only way you can shorten it. How much are you trying to shorten it?
    Jame

Wabbit Huntin

Quote Originally Posted by jame View Post
    Twist up the string. If you have the z3 cams on it untwisting the cables and twisting up the string is about the only way you can shorten it. How much are you trying to shorten it?
    Jame
    LOL, I will know when I get there, maybe 1/2. Hopefully I wont have to change cams.

Quote Originally Posted by scottnorthwest View Post
    LOL, I will know when I get there, maybe 1/2. Hopefully I wont have to change cams.
    I know you can shorten it by about 3/8's of an inch. What let off are you shooting on that bow? If you are not shooting it a 65% then there is another 1/4 in of draw you can take out.

Wabbit Huntin

I know you can shorten it by about 3/8's of an inch. What let off are you shooting on that bow? If you are not shooting it a 65% then there is another 1/4 in of draw you can take out.
    I may just have to change cams, crap.......

I may just have to change cams, crap.......
    Dont do that yet. If you are not shooting it in the 65% let off spot move it to it and then twist the string up about 6-8 twists. Try not to twist it much more than that. You can take out about 6 twists on each cable. Just be sure and add your poundage back cause you will lose some for sure. That Ketera XL shoots as good as any bow I have ever shot. It shoots as good as any big bow I have ever owned for sure. If I wasnt old school I would be shooting it for 3D instead of just hunting with it. Its a shooter for sure.
    Jame Jamison

Wabbit Huntin

Dont do that yet. If you are not shooting it in the 65% let off spot move it to it and then twist the string up about 6-8 twists. Try not to twist it much more than that. You can take out about 6 twists on each cable. Just be sure and add your poundage back cause you will lose some for sure. That Ketera XL shoots as good as any bow I have ever shot. It shoots as good as any big bow I have ever owned for sure. If I wasnt old school I would be shooting it for 3D instead of just hunting with it. Its a shooter for sure.
    Jame Jamison
    Yea, I like it a lot. I bought the same length as my ultra mag but it didn't fit just right like the old mag, started poking around and realized I am a little long.

Yea, I like it a lot. I bought the same length as my ultra mag but it didn't fit just right like the old mag, started poking around and realized I am a little long.
    Keep me posted. I know that bow really well. Timing it is a breeze.