You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Atom Broadhead

Default Atom Broadhead

I have had one of these laying around for awhile now.

Just saw a thread from guy in Spain. Look how it busted through the rib bone and damage to vitals(impressive) Anyone else ever try these? Im just a Broadhead junkie and love testing new broadheads.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

DB,

I've been eyeballing those BH for a while. Curiousity didn't get me yet. Your a broad head junkie too? I 've got lot of BH around that I've tried. From COC to Mechs. Last year I shot HellRazors.
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

I thought the wire blades were suppossed to 'give' on contact with bone?

Im skeptical, but that's a bit premature on my part as I have done no testing with them.

Default Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevejo@work View Post
    I thought the wire blades were suppossed to 'give' on contact with bone?

Im skeptical, but that's a bit premature on my part as I have done no testing with them.
    Some of the first Atom the wires had a repution for coming apart. My understanding they fixed that and made them tougher. They say they will hit the same as any fieldpoint.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Killed three deer with mine. Fair to excellent blood trails. One wire went missing on the fair blood trail deer but it still only went 100 yards. New and improved wires were sent free of charge. The other two deer only went 30 and 20 yards respectively. I watched them die from my tree stand. I just sold my Atoms a couple days ago off the classifieds. After witnessing the bloodtrails from 4 deer last season left by the Rage 2 blades, I'm not interested in using anything else, yet. Granted, the Atoms are more forgiving to an out of tune bow than any other broadhead. I keep my bow tuned well and the Rages group with my field pionts out to 50 yards just fine.

I wonder how they would perform with a recurve of moderate poundage? I'm curious. Not your typical head for sure.
    FBSA Member

My buddy is on the pro staff for the aerodynamics company and he gave me a pack. I too am a little worried about the wires coming off. If someone can send me some pics of some deer they have killed with them I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to wound an deer or have one run off to where I can't find them.

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoytUSA View Post
    My buddy is on the pro staff for the aerodynamics company and he gave me a pack. I too am a little worried about the wires coming off. If someone can send me some pics of some deer they have killed with them I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to wound an deer or have one run off to where I can't find them.
    My season opens in a month. I'll post pics and write a full review. I usually take a doe or two in the first couple of days of the season.
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

thats a great looking bow

I shot the Atom head today and wow! They fly great. I was grouping them better than my field tips at 40 yards (sounds stupid I know but I was). The only problem I see with them is the hole in my 3d buck was just about 7/8 inch going in and just a hair over an inch coming out. I am not worried about the head itself breaking though. I missed the target at 40 yards (I don't know what happened, maybe I just suck a little) and hit a pc of plywood that was standing up behind the target, it went in and came out the other side with no damage to the wire. I did bend one when I pulled it out though, but I just got impatient and yanked real hard. I was impressed at how good they fly is all I was trying to say in here. Sorry I wrote so much guys. Can't wait for a big doe to come out broadside so I can see how they do on breathing flesh.

Are the wire's triangle shaped? Do they have sharp edges?

They look like they have a triangular bevel to them, they are not too sharp. However, I think they will cut just fine since they are so skinny. I think they will be ok, but we will see in 2 weeks when my archery season opens!

Good to read the good review.

Of all the broadheads on the market, and if I had the money I would try a lot, these would not be at the top of my list to try.
    Pearson Z-32 52# 28 1/2"
    Slick Trick Mags TEAM 2