You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default shooting off a loop, with a loop

I have a stan magmicro 4 finger, and Im shooting with a D loop now right now, but my shooting coach told me to try taking off the D loop and shoot off the string for less torque. But when I took off the D loop, my anchor point changed and I can't keep the bow steady on the target. I went from shooting 1" groups at 20, to 3 inch groups low and to the right one shot, and high and to the left on another. Should I put the d loop back on the string? Or is it a bad idea to shoot a loop with a loop

Thanks

here is my release
    Attached Images Attached Images

I shot a loop with a loop for a few years without any problems

Why would you want a 2nd loop? Seems to me that with a D-loop there is no need to use another loop off the release. Also, wouldn't that really bring your anchor point a bit far back? I think using a single loop, either the D-loop or the release loop would help to keep a consistent anchor. When using the release loop are you using a nock point?
    "A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
    2007/2008 Commander: 60lb/28" DL, HHA OL5519, Code Red, Choc Addiction, .400 Axis, Self-made Shoot-Thru
    2010 Elite GT500: 60lb/HHA DS5500, QAD UltraRest HD Pro Series, Victory VForce HV 400
    1965 Bear Kodiak Magnum Recurve 50lb, 52", Original Bear Quiver & Cedar Arrows

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Archer View Post
    Why would you want a 2nd loop? Seems to me that with a D-loop there is no need to use another loop off the release. Also, wouldn't that really bring your anchor point a bit far back? I think using a single loop, either the D-loop or the release loop would help to keep a consistent anchor. When using the release loop are you using a nock point?
    I don't have the money to order a new cam, so using a D loop with my release will give me the illusion that my draw length is longer. I don't put the tip of my nose on the string for my reference point so I don't see why it wouldn't be a bad idea to put a d loop back on. Plus if my release breaks for some weird reason, I can use my true fire release. Its a 29.5 draw, and I should be around 30.5, but I will wait to order a new cam.

SG

Yes I was using a nock point with the loop from my release

Quote Originally Posted by sgmathews92 View Post
    Or is it a bad idea to shoot a loop with a loop

Thanks

sgmath...I tried shooting a loop release off of a string loop a few years ago, and scrapped the idea after the two loops got hung up and yanked my shoulder real good while pulling the release out of my hand.

I would not recommend it, but that is just my opinion...mac

If you feel you need to have both loops in use, why not just make the D-loop longer and eliminate the release loop?
    "A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
    2007/2008 Commander: 60lb/28" DL, HHA OL5519, Code Red, Choc Addiction, .400 Axis, Self-made Shoot-Thru
    2010 Elite GT500: 60lb/HHA DS5500, QAD UltraRest HD Pro Series, Victory VForce HV 400
    1965 Bear Kodiak Magnum Recurve 50lb, 52", Original Bear Quiver & Cedar Arrows

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Archer View Post
    If you feel you need to have both loops in use, why not just make the D-loop longer and eliminate the release loop?
    to do that I have to play with the travel on the release, but im not going to mess anything up before I go to nationals in two weeks. Bad idea to tinker right now