You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Ebay makes it hard

I clearly said shipping in the US only on my add.

Well guy from Italy buys it.

Why do they allow this?

It a hassle to relist it and sale it again.

Ill ship it to Italy but it wont be the flat rate I hade posted for shipping in the US only.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Was there a bidder under the Italy bid? That happened to me before and I refused to ship due to the hassles and sold it to the next lowest bidder. Just a thought. I guess you can still do that as they have changed some of the rules recently.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

Default Only Bidder

Quote Originally Posted by kebees4 View Post
    Was there a bidder under the Italy bid? That happened to me before and I refused to ship due to the hassles and sold it to the next lowest bidder. Just a thought. I guess you can still do that as they have changed some of the rules recently.
    Have not heard a thing about how he paying sense the auction
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Oh that is aggravating - I know there is a setting in there somewhere where you can block non US bidders from being able to even bid on your auctions
    some of the different international locations wont let you send things insured either which can be a scary deal...we had one item took well over a month to arrive and sure can be stressful. we have shipped internationally a few times though selling different archery items.

~ Archerchick ~
    MARTIN ARCHERY Staff Shooter

MyArcheryClub

Talking Keep us informed on this sale ,DB!

I've just recently returned as an E-bayer , I've had one crazy experience doing some buying there .Still don't know what happen for sure as they give you the run around if you need to know ,well a few months later they wanted to let me know that I wasn't bidding ,they wonder why .

I'm in , NOW ,must have an ammesty period ,it was not my doing,but I can buy now ! Lucky me !

jim

DB, I don't see where either the buyer or Ebay can pitch a gripe with the actual shipping charge it costs him. Agreed, that's my opinion

Communication is a big thing. If your buyer was on top of things it probably would not be a big deal. However, since you listed it as USA only are you obligated to sell overseas?
    I'm not happy that ebay went paypal only. It shut's me out of 99% of what I'd bid on.
    FBSA Member

Default Shipping cost is not the issue

Quote Originally Posted by jim p. View Post
    DB, I don't see where either the buyer or Ebay can pitch a gripe with the actual shipping charge it costs him. Agreed, that's my opinion
    Issue is Im taking a big risk shipping over seas which I have been burned once on lost shipment. Buyer from Italy has contacted me and says shipping only $20.00. Yes but what protects me if it is lost.
    DB

If their was a way id pass on it and re-list it.I wouldnt take a chance and ship it out of the country,to many horror stories.
    2010 PSE AXE 7

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Issue is Im taking a big risk shipping over seas which I have been burned once on lost shipment. Buyer from Italy has contacted me and says shipping only $20.00. Yes but what protects me if it is lost.
    DB
    The buyer can not tell you the shipping costs. I really doubt you can ship anything to Italy for $20. It would have to be very small.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

if you ship with ups, i think if its under $100, then its automatically insured. Anything over, insurance is extra/optional. If you have insurance and it gets lost, the shipper refunds you and the buyer. I know this all to well, Ive had to do it a few times, but it was in the states.
    Welcome to New Jersey..Home of where the weak are killed and eaten

Parker Spitfire bow,HHA Prong Rest,Montanna Black Gold Fiber Optics,Cabelas Carbon Hunter Arrows

Default Funny

Quote Originally Posted by kebees4 View Post
    The buyer can not tell you the shipping costs. I really doubt you can ship anything to Italy for $20. It would have to be very small.
    I sent him a response and now he not responding. Exactly why I dont ship over seas. THis one isnt looking good.
    DB

I sent him a response and now he not responding. Exactly why I dont ship over seas. THis one isnt looking good.
    DB
    You can have the transaction cancelled in the resolution center and get you final value fees back, you have reason to that you stated clearly not for
    Not available for shipping out of US & they will help you get the transaction cancelled so you can relist - I know it is a little bit of a pain going through the process
    here is the link if you happen to need it
    http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/
    ~ Archerchick ~
    MARTIN ARCHERY Staff Shooter

MyArcheryClub

Default Aware of this

Quote Originally Posted by archerchick View Post
    You can have the transaction cancelled in the resolution center and get you final value fees back, you have reason to that you stated clearly not for
    Not available for shipping out of US & they will help you get the transaction cancelled so you can relist - I know it is a little bit of a pain going through the process
    here is the link if you happen to need it
    http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/
    I have had to do this several times from buyer who bid and never sent payment.
    THnaks DB

DB

I'm not crazy about shipping overseas either....but they way I look at it is, my custom form lets me know when it arrives in your country, if your country doesn't get it to you, tough. I would never send anything that cost me a whole bunch.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Default Very true

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I'm not crazy about shipping overseas either....but they way I look at it is, my custom form lets me know when it arrives in your country, if your country doesn't get it to you, tough. I would never send anything that cost me a whole bunch.

But if someone overseas pays with paypal. If they dont recieve it paypal will take the funds out of my account.

I sent him a message today that I would rather not ship and just relist it.
    DB

But if someone overseas pays with paypal. If they dont recieve it paypal will take the funds out of my account.

I sent him a message today that I would rather not ship and just relist it.
    DB

Make them pay for USPS insurance.

Is sent a package yesterday, the first $78 is covered Tracy told me, then after that its like $2.50 per $100? Something like that.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Default Got in touch finally

We just agreed we couldnt seal a deal on the shipping. We both agreed to cancel the transaction.

JUst dont feel good about over seas shipping.

After having to go buy two packs of Broadheads for a guy in Africa and reship at a much higher fee because the first pack never got to him. I just dont want that hassle anymore.
    DB

If you don't mind saying, what did the dude buy from you?
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

Default CBE Microlight sight

Quote Originally Posted by TMax27 View Post
    If you don't mind saying, what did the dude buy from you?
    Great buy.

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26261