You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Just saying hi

Default Just saying hi

Hi to everyone. Relativley new to shooting. Was into bowhunting about 10 years ago, but the bows been in the case since then until this week. I live in N.E. Pa. and look foward to conversing with you all.

Default Welcome to 3dshoots.com

Layed back guys and gals here. Lots of really talented archers here as well.

DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Hey freebird welcome. Bust that baby out and get going. Older bows still shoot fine, you might want to get new string and cables on it, but otherwise it should still work as good as it ever did. Have fun.
    FBSA Member

Default Just saying hi

Thanks everyone. I did have new cable and string put on and a new rest, a whisker biscuit. Also had the poundage knocked back some, its much easier on my back now. Im still very inconsistent with my shots and only staying at 10 yards for now. Some of my vanes have been torn, and I dont know if its because of the biscuit, or a combination of that, and the fact that they have set in the bow case for so long.
    Sems like I remember replacing some of the vanes years ago, maybe the glue didnt hold? Any ideas for me, is appreciated. Im sure Ill have a lot more questions. Thanks, and nice to me you all.
    Doug

Could be just the age of the vanes, but also the WB rest is tough on them. When you get them replaced, get Bohning Blazers, or Vanetec Vanes. They are two of the vanes used by WB users. Don't be surprized by how short the Blazers are compared to your old ones, they work great.
    FBSA Member

Default Just saying hi

Im shooting 2314 arrows, and I think they are 23 inches long. Will these vanes work for them? Thank you.

Default Just saying hi

Sorry thats 32 in long

Talking Welcome to this site !

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Layed back guys and gals here. Lots of really talented archers here as well.

DB
    Then there's me !