You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Second time shooting the PSE Omen

My PSE Rep came in the other day and brought the Omen with him. This was a 60#, 28" draw bow. At this weight it actually pulled pretty nice for a speed bow. It still has the "hump" at the end but I think you could easily get used to it.

Now, I didn't chrono the bow cuz I know it's fast. That's not the point. What I wanted to know is how it felt, how much vibration and does it tune.

Now, I didn't set this bow up. I shot it just like the rep brought it in. I grabbed a couple of my demo arrows and walked out to the paper tuning rack. Drew back and put quite a few nearly perfect paper tears in the tuning rack.

The were so close to perfect that I probably would not have even adjusted it if this were my bow.

The bow had just a hint of jump to it at the shot and very little vibration. Considering this bow is supposed to shoot over 360fps, that is very impressive. I never felt any wrist slap from the string at all.

Yesteday, I helped a customer paper tune a XForce6 with Goldtip 30X shafts for 3D. A couple of minor tweaks to the rest and he had perfect bullet hole tears.

PSE is really impressing me with their current line-up. They seem to be listening to the Reps and Dealers on what the bows need.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    My PSE Rep came in the other day and brought the Omen with him. This was a 60#, 28" draw bow. At this weight it actually pulled pretty nice for a speed bow. It still has the "hump" at the end but I think you could easily get used to it.

Now, I didn't chrono the bow cuz I know it's fast. That's not the point. What I wanted to know is how it felt, how much vibration and does it tune.

Now, I didn't set this bow up. I shot it just like the rep brought it in. I grabbed a couple of my demo arrows and walked out to the paper tuning rack. Drew back and put quite a few nearly perfect paper tears in the tuning rack.

The were so close to perfect that I probably would not have even adjusted it if this were my bow.

The bow had just a hint of jump to it at the shot and very little vibration. Considering this bow is supposed to shoot over 360fps, that is very impressive. I never felt any wrist slap from the string at all.

Yesteday, I helped a customer paper tune a XForce6 with Goldtip 30X shafts for 3D. A couple of minor tweaks to the rest and he had perfect bullet hole tears.

PSE is really impressing me with their current line-up. They seem to be listening to the Reps and Dealers on what the bows need.

I agree except for the questionably high MSRP part of the equation...
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com