You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default older Browning Nomad Deluxe Bow questions...

I purchased an older Browning Nomad deluxe II on Ebay. It has a draw length 30-32", and a weight range of 45-60#...

My question is this...When we took it into the local archery place, they said that the draw length isn't adjustable. According to them, my draw length is 28. So, obviously this is not the right bow for me. However, the archery guy told me that when looking at bows (mostly on ebay) that a "range" will not work...I had to find one already set to 28. I viewed one "Brown Bear" bow, and the listing states that it is adjustable. HELP please.

Are older bows adjustable once they have been "set?"

There is a difference between being offered in multiple draw lenths and being draw lenth adjustable on the wheels or cams themselves. If the cam or wheel itself is draw lenth adjustable via multiple posts or rotating module, as long as your 28" is within that bows range I don't see why you would not be able to set it for you. That browning is probably adjustable for 30", 31" and 32". Is there 3 slots to run the cable or string in? Or does it use multiple posts for cable attactment points. I take it that it will not fit you, just trying to help you understand.
    FBSA Member

Default Thanks!

You have been helpful..after looking at the bow again, we decided to call a couple of other local archery shops, and one pretty much blew us off. Another said that he'd have to look at it, but if it was adjustable they could adjust it. (This particular bow can't be adjusted to my draw length, however, now I know it should adjust to my son's, if we keep it.)

Thanks to your information we also found out that my husband's PSE can be adjusted down to what the current draw length standards are to fit him. (Back in the day, when he was measured, they were about an inch or so off of how they measure now.) However, when we brought his bow into the first shop, they just told him his bow's draw length was too long for him.

So, thanks for your help.

Default Browning Nomad deluxe II

Quote Originally Posted by ksandbothe View Post
    I purchased an older Browning Nomad deluxe II on Ebay. It has a draw length 30-32", and a weight range of 45-60#...

My question is this...When we took it into the local archery place, they said that the draw length isn't adjustable. According to them, my draw length is 28. So, obviously this is not the right bow for me. However, the archery guy told me that when looking at bows (mostly on ebay) that a "range" will not work...I had to find one already set to 28. I viewed one "Brown Bear" bow, and the listing states that it is adjustable. HELP please.

Are older bows adjustable once they have been "set?"
    I used to own a Browning Nomad deluxe II that I purchased around 1980. A Limb came apart quite a while ago. There are no parts for bows this old so after Browning told me there was no repair I disposed of it. I looked for the owners manual (I sometimes save things I have no use for) but can't find it. I think the Browning came with a max draw like the archery place told you. The only adjustable thing was the draw weight. Some of the old bows are adjustable for draw length. My old Darton is and I believe you can still get the cam parts for the old bows from Darton to adjust draw length. I'm not sure about the Bear bow. My only Bear is a really old recurve. As a practical matter you probably can shoot a bow with a too long of a draw length but the let off would not be in the optimum range and velocity would be affected. Try shooting it an see how it works for you. I liked my nomad and have looked for one off and on over the years and the one I shot had a draw length of 31". If you decide you don't want the bow I might be interested.