You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Excited Yet?

Default Excited Yet?

I ventured to my stomping grounds and set out a camera where the deer had knocked down about half the rows in a corner of a feild.
    There is a big one by the looks of the prints.
    I was eluded by one last year,guess he knew better,everyone seen him but me.
    I would say that the tracks don't mean much but...
    I like what I am seeing,BIG.
    Corn galore this year should be the making of a interesting season,never seen so much planted in the last 5 years of hunting there.
    Got extremely close to momma and a fawn(within 20 yards)walkin out,I was laughing pretty hard because she just didn't know what to think at first.
    I surely am quite prepared already for this season,just need to sight in more at some longer ranges and practice some treestand shots.
    I don't know what to think at times though.
    I guess season will be here and I will be in a stand before ya know it!
    Good luck.

Yep Im getting pretty excited myself. Cannot wait, I just have to get dialed in and I am set. I get all wound up just thinking about it
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

not to make it worse, but ive been in my stand hunting for the last 6 nights, it opend here on the 2nd! I missed a nice buck thursday night...grrrr i also have 2 doe tags, but in holding off till it gets later, can get them both in one night pry, i want my buck first..... their the hard ones!!! Have a 6 week season here.

Well....well... you lucky dog you. Must be nice to be sittin in the tree. Sorry to hear about your miss though. I am sure you'll get the big one
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    not to make it worse, but ive been in my stand hunting for the last 6 nights, it opend here on the 2nd! I missed a nice buck thursday night...grrrr i also have 2 doe tags, but in holding off till it gets later, can get them both in one night pry, i want my buck first..... their the hard ones!!! Have a 6 week season here.
    Why not take the does now then later on there will be less for the bucks to chase and they will be cruising more and come into your scents and calls better??????

"HONDA"

Holy crap Glenny, where have you been??

I was thinking the same thing.....

We had a shoot this weekend at my club and the talk of the place was about a nice 8 and a nice 10 point that have been seen on a regular basis....
    the best part they have been seen about 250 yds from my stand and headed in that direction, when they cross the one road.......of course when people started talking about were it was they were seen.....I kept my trap shut but my ears open......this is the spot I was hanging the stand on Labor day and had several deer pass within 20 yds, of my stand.....looks like tis might finally be the year I get my buck....please DEER LORD let me get um this year.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Man BOWMAN that sounds awesome, I probably would have kept my mouth shut too! When does the season open in NY? Hope ya get em

Site Guru

oh HELLL yeah

Just went out with my sisters boyfriend to do some scouting on some property I've never hunted before and we saw some trails, droppings... and we are both like "man would it be awesome to see a nice rub", so on the way back in we saw a rub... then another.. then another... SWEET this is where he walks. so we cleared some lanes for shooting.

So we keep walking in further and then e saw it... apparently this bruiser doesn't like his felt! ever single tree in a good 30 yard circle was scrapped up, there were mt.laurel that he completely snapped off, 2 trees that he pushed out of the ground... and the best part? its ALL open, perfect archery hunting area with lots of big trees for hanging stands.

he is goin down this year. Based on the laurels he ripped up we are guessing he is about 15 - 18 inch spread... thats damn fine for a PA buck
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Man BOWMAN that sounds awesome, I probably would have kept my mouth shut too! When does the season open in NY? Hope ya get em
    OCT 14........Hey I think if this is the SPORT of hunting.....we should get pre season hunts......They have pre season games in football and basket ball.... Why not hunting.......

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    OCT 14........Hey I think if this is the SPORT of hunting.....we should get pre season hunts......They have pre season games in football and basket ball.... Why not hunting.......
    I think they consider Archery season the "pre-season"
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I think they consider Archery season the "pre-season"

I consider Archery Season "THE ONLY SEASON". To me squirrel season is pre-season.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I consider Archery Season "THE ONLY SEASON". To me squirrel season is pre-season.
    Out here tree rat season starts after archery season I believe.
    No I'm not dead

no going to hold off on the does for now, their easy to get, dont want to be out their tending to a downed doe and look up and see a big buck at 85 yards looking at me from the tree line, also been 80+ tempwise here and would rather hold off on the easy ones till some cooler air moves in. Seen a nice 5x5 the last few nights, so will be moving to a diff stand, stayed in the truck tonight and located where he comes out, pry saw 100+ deer tonight and 3 shooters....so will see what happens i have till weds night to get him, then im off to elk hunt for 12 days.... 3 of my buddies already killed 3 bulls so im pretty excited about elk hunting!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post

I would like to say thats the bottem line, but I am in the process of buying that new gun.......so......