You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Put a deposit on a new noise maker....

Well I finally decided on what new rifle to get and put a deposit on it.....

Remington 700SPS- in .308
    Simmons Aetec 3-10X44

Lets see um get back up from this!!!!!

Lay down and die mister deer......

Went to see an old gun dealer freind and he saved me a but load, I saved enough buying the gun from him to afford the little bit better optics (I like Simmons for the money) and still have money left over......I would have payed about $200 more if I had bought the same set up at Gander Mountain.....
    I should have known, I have been buying guns from him for about 15 years and he has always done good by me.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Kewl, bought myself a new Browning Medallion A-Bolt in 30.06 awhile back. Almost afraid to take it into the woods. Such a purty thing and shoots just awesome. Congrats Bowman
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

last gun i bought was a reminton 700 Lss in a 300 ultra mag, topped it with a leupold vx3 4.5x14. super nice gun, shoots great for a big 30. havent got to hunt with it much due to the hoyt filling the freezer the last few years!!

Nice!

I'm in the market myself, just can't make a decision on what. Been lookin' at the TC Encore really hard, but I also Would like a nice bolt action. .308, .270, 25-06? SOOOO many decisions

Just have to get that 3rd job I guess

Franklin Springs Ga. about 45 NE. of Athens.

Default looking at 2 cals

Well, I'm looking at two different calibers right now.... The Marlin 44 mag. lever action, and a Browning A Bolt in 325 wsm..... Now that sounds like way to much for deer to me, but I'm going bear hunting too.... Give your opinions and thoughts here.... I had a Browning A Bolt II in 270 and maybe should have just kept it..... But, I thought it might be a little weak for a bear if I mis-shoot him, and piss him off... I don't even want to think of that one....... I have also toyed with a 12ga. and use slugs.... Anyhow, let me know...

CHEERS !!!!
    Last edited by warrior_lk1019; 09-19-2006 at 08:11 AM. Reason: forgot something
    "Knock-Em-Down and Drag-Em-Home"

What you take in good sport,
    will reward you later.
    "One Shot, One Kill."

Well if evrey thing goes as planned I will be picking it up tomorrow at 10 am.

Sold a little fire wood this weekend and was able to come up w/ the rest.....

I really cant wait....this is going to be a good season I think......

Fun, i like getting new toys!! Let us know how it is when you get it!! First thing you need to do is put a scratch on it, that way you wont get so mad when it happens, just get it over with!!

I got this morning and will be heading to the range next week, I hope, just got no time between now and then.....maybe tuesday night.....the only night the archery shop that I am working at part time is closed.....Wed I have a big tree job to do so thats out.....Turkey shoot this weekend so sat afternoon and sunday are shot.....oh the agony of waiting......waited three years to get the thing guess one more week wont hurt....

Franklin Springs Ga. about 45 NE. of Athens.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I got this morning and will be heading to the range next week, I hope, just got no time between now and then.....maybe tuesday night.....the only night the archery shop that I am working at part time is closed.....Wed I have a big tree job to do so thats out.....Turkey shoot this weekend so sat afternoon and sunday are shot.....oh the agony of waiting......waited three years to get the thing guess one more week wont hurt....

Hey BowMan, let me know how it shoots..... I'm looking at ordering a Browning A-Bolt Stainless M-1000 Eclipse in .308 and mount it with either an ATN Professional 4-12x60 in 30mm or a Leupold VX-L 4.5-14x50...... still trying to make up my mind on that one... I have about 2 weeks to decide... I'll let you all know what goes down other than my bank account.....
    Last edited by warrior_lk1019; 09-20-2006 at 08:32 PM.
    "Knock-Em-Down and Drag-Em-Home"

What you take in good sport,
    will reward you later.
    "One Shot, One Kill."