You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    My little huntin buddy Josh_Putman's Avatar

Default Hey there Daniel Boone, check out this pic

And answer me a question. How many Pro's or even Joe shooters do you see on the 3-d courses shooting with their loop set up like this? I was told about this method a few years ago, and I have found that I shoot a little better with my loop tied this way (under the arrow nock). I also use a spring steel rest. I was just curious how common this is among other shooters. Thanks in advance. Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidity.

The greatest thing I had accomplished in my life was serving my country, until I became a dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Putman View Post
    And answer me a question. How many Pro's or even Joe shooters do you see on the 3-d courses shooting with their loop set up like this? I was told about this method a few years ago, and I have found that I shoot a little better with my loop tied this way (under the arrow nock). I also use a spring steel rest. I was just curious how common this is among other shooters. Thanks in advance. Josh
    I know that in the Straight Talk from Michael Braden instructional video Michael Braden is shooting with his d-loop like this. He's had more than just a little success over the years as a Pro. Also shoots a wrist release.

There may be two or three pros shooting with loop under, Mike is/was one not sure he still does. It has both advantages and disadvantages...

Disadvantages are it can create nock travel where there was none.. and on shorter bows with long draw lengths it can cause the arrow to drop off the string and you usually must re-nock on a let down...

Advantages it puts downward pressure on the arrow rest and the arrow is less likely to fall off during the draw or in the wind.. and the loop can be shorter.

In essence it is the same as using a release with a rope instead of a loop..which most of us stopped using and went to the tied in loop because of the disadvantages listed above..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

I know guys that have been shooting this way for years. Mostly indoor target shooters. I haven't seen in much outdoors it works better for the guys who is using a back tension release they don't have as mush travel on the relaese.
    Last edited by bowdon; 07-26-2009 at 11:17 AM.

I can see how this applies more down pressure on the arrow rest when drawing back.

But how would this change the amount of travel in your release?? Having the loop a lower on the string then before

Just try it and you see. I have freind that has shot this way for year with a back tension and he shoot 300 60 X time after time. I think Zenith has a pace on it on ther info on shooting a loop. I have tried it and the loop it's has got to be tuned more to get it to go off. I didn't like the loop to much angle on back tension release. The loop under the nock work more like the rope thats was on the release.
    Last edited by bowdon; 07-26-2009 at 11:41 AM.

Popular with guys using spring steel rests

my husband does his that way. I use to.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Default Some do.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Putman View Post
    I know some find it to be a good way. Nathan Brooks at times as shot his like this. Popular on one cams with some.

Javi gave a great answer.
    DB

Great thread and question.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

The first loop I had put on my bow years ago was installed at the pro shop like this. I shot it that way for a year. Seemed to work fine.
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Been shootin mine that way for last 3 years works for me