You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Why dont you post something! No one has ever stopped anyone from posting anything here. You or Smokes are more than welcomed to post anything. I think anyone here will gladly join any thread you posts.
    DB
    There is no need to, I can look through a couple pages of this section and see that the people posting that are not in the "clique" have little or no responses to their threads. If they are not talking about ASA, tourney shooting or winning trophies they get bypassed. Some threads have 0 posts. This is shocking considering there are so many "members" on here that know "so much".
    2005 Allegiance

Default Really

Quote Originally Posted by BOWTECHER View Post
    There is no need to, I can look through a couple pages of this section and see that the people posting that are not in the "clique" have little or no responses to their threads. If they are not talking about ASA, tourney shooting or winning trophies they get bypassed. Some threads have 0 posts. This is shocking considering there are so many "members" on here that know "so much".
    I just went and looked at many threads here. Nothing about ASA. Bottomline is if you dont like it dont open it like you said. Post anything you want here. Tournament seasons almost over and all us will be in the hunting section. Chris doesnt sensor threads here. Everyone can post openly anything they want. I highly say to you post anything and everthing you want. I see members here helping everday. Many good threads besides tournament.
    DB

Explain to me what you would like to see posted here. Maybe we can all help post what you want!
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

So is this site supposed to be narrow minded and just be about the technical aspect of archery if so would not be many using it. Dan is right We work hard and make tons of friends along the way all across North America and when one of our friends does well this is a great site to show how excited we are for them..

Would love to shoot with you guys sometime and you will learn we are not arrogant because we will have fun and celebrate any great shots anyone makes. Even if it is the guy that kicking my butt or someone struggling. it can be a tough sport so we just flat out have a good time, sorry you do not enjoy hearing about someone doing well, I guess we need to adopt the little league process of everyone won first place......Lets just finish the wussifiction of America.
    Last edited by Devine Shot; 07-29-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devine Shot View Post
    ......Lets just finish the wussifiction of America.
    LOL, that's sad but true.

Here is an idea, maybe instead of having a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, we should just give everybody a participation medal. That way we don't hurt anybody's feelings along the way. I'm sure that would really boost the sport.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

Quote Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
    LOL, that's sad but true.

Here is an idea, maybe instead of having a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, we should just give everybody a participation medal. That way we don't hurt anybody's feelings along the way. I'm sure that would really boost the sport.
    Then I want my participation medal because I haven't placed higher in a Pro-Am than 15th and I was damn proud of that!!!

Staff Shooter: On Target Archery--Vortex Optics--Sure-Loc--T.R.U. Ball--Gold Tip-- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

Smokes, sadly this is what this forum has turned into.It is now a look at me and who I know forum, look at who I shoot for, look at my sponsors, boy am I a great person forum.

Well...in case you did not read my thread. I never finished higher than 21st at a Pro/Am in the Semi-Pro class. I had my best shoot at London with 9 down. I am damn proud of those accomplishments and never took this thread to be anything other than for archers to post how they did this year...

DB did not make any shootdowns in the Senior Pro class, so I can not see this as him BRAGGING.
    On Target Archery Shooting Staff - Control Freak Stabilizers Pro Staff - Vortex Optics Pro Staff
    LP Archery Shooting Staff - Sure-Loc Shooting Staff - Mathews Co-Op Shooting Staff

What? you got your medal last year and and nice hand full of cash here at the CCA. That should hold you over till ya make stage, cause I know you got it in ya to win one.......

I'm 57 yrs old,have been in many shooting clubs of all types,rifle,muzzleloader,skeet,pistol sillouette.NEVER have I met a finer group of people than ARCHERS.I think because it takes a certain type of person to even try to accomplish something with a shooting instrument that requires so much maintance, tuning, and practice! ARROGANCE? I think you find more arrogance in a church chior!I know very few archers top to bottom that aren't more than willing to help thier fellow man. WE ARE a very competitive group granted, WE DO pat fellow archers on the back, we don't toot our own horn!WE LOVE to talk about ANY archery, local, or otherwise. PLEASE TRY to get to know some of these fine people before passing judgement!

Close a couple times. Still in pursuit.

Crawl, Walk, Run.
    Last edited by CutTheLoop; 07-29-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
    Close a couple times. Still in pursuit.

Crawl, Walk, Run.

I am still in the crawl stage...
    On Target Archery Shooting Staff - Control Freak Stabilizers Pro Staff - Vortex Optics Pro Staff
    LP Archery Shooting Staff - Sure-Loc Shooting Staff - Mathews Co-Op Shooting Staff

So is this site supposed to be narrow minded and just be about the technical aspect of archery if so would not be many using it. Dan is right We work hard and make tons of friends along the way all across North America and when one of our friends does well this is a great site to show how excited we are for them..

Would love to shoot with you guys sometime and you will learn we are not arrogant because we will have fun and celebrate any great shots anyone makes. Even if it is the guy that kicking my butt or someone struggling. it can be a tough sport so we just flat out have a good time, sorry you do not enjoy hearing about someone doing well, I guess we need to adopt the little league process of everyone won first place......Lets just finish the wussifiction of America.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Thats what I am talking about.

Default Well said Mike

Mike here is an excellant guy that films hunts. I look forward to this season and him giving some of us good tips. He is a good hunter as well. Most of us are hunters first and tournament second. This is called 3dshoots.com and there really is nothing wrong with congradulating archers on there success and failures which is most my tournaments
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Amen

Thankfully, I have yet to see any tee-ball Moms show up at a shoot.

father of world champion

Default well

Smokes, sadly this is what this forum has turned into.It is now a look at me and who I know forum, look at who I shoot for, look at my sponsors, boy am I a great person forum.

Do you hunt, fish, golf, play ball, pitch horseshoes? Have you ever shown anyone a picture or told them about a successful trip or outing?....... maybe not. Usually if someone has done something well they will share it with friends, not bragging, just making conversation. Isn't that the way life goes, maybe not .

What? you got your medal last year and and nice hand full of cash here at the CCA. That should hold you over till ya make stage, cause I know you got it in ya to win one.......
    That's right!! And I am coming back again this year to defend my title!!
    Staff Shooter: On Target Archery--Vortex Optics--Sure-Loc--T.R.U. Ball--Gold Tip-- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeRaider View Post
    I am still in the crawl stage...
    me too... well the pull up stage anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by mathewsgirl13 View Post
    Then I want my participation medal because I haven't placed higher in a Pro-Am than 15th and I was damn proud of that!!!

I shot in a tournament once,They flighted it, 1st pl trophy went to 10th pl, 2nd pl trophy went to #20, so on . guess who got the 1st pl trophy, never was so ashamed of a trophy, knowing the 9 shooters that beat me got messed around. THATS the kind of thinking some consider fair. I would've been more proud of a 10 pl trophy!

Quote Originally Posted by mathewsgirl13 View Post
    That's right!! And I am coming back again this year to defend my title!!
    we'll see about that.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha Nock Jim View Post
    .NEVER have I met a finer group of people than ARCHERS.I think because it takes a certain type of person to even try to accomplish something with a shooting instrument that requires so much maintance, tuning, and practice! ARROGANCE? I think you find more arrogance in a church chior!I know very few archers top to bottom that aren't more than willing to help thier fellow man. WE ARE a very competitive group granted, WE DO pat fellow archers on the back, we don't toot our own horn!WE LOVE to talk about ANY archery, local, or otherwise. PLEASE TRY to get to know some of these fine people before passing judgement!
    I second that Big Daddy, we in our archer family is proud of all our members and can't wait to give them a big pat on the back or a hug when they accomplish their goal. Isn't that what 3d is all about anyway, accomplishing our goals and being proud of it or someone else when they reach their goal. I LOVE all me 3d friends I have meet over the last 2 years and really do consider them FAMILY and so proud of everyone of them and wish them well everytime before we go shoot. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have that connection with the archery family because it's one of the best feeling you can have when you are competing against one another and still are the best of friends.
    Elisha Plum--Hoyt Staff--VANGUARD Pro Staff--Goldtip Staff--Archery Outpost--Sure-Loc--Proud member of Creek County Archers

Quote Originally Posted by luvcamogirl View Post
    I second that Big Daddy, we in our archer family is proud of all our members and can't wait to give them a big pat on the back or a hug when they accomplish their goal. Isn't that what 3d is all about anyway, accomplishing our goals and being proud of it or someone else when they reach their goal. I LOVE all me 3d friends I have meet over the last 2 years and really do consider them FAMILY and so proud of everyone of them and wish them well everytime before we go shoot. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have that connection with the archery family because it's one of the best feeling you can have when you are competing against one another and still are the best of friends.
    to that sister!! I feel the exact same way! I have always said, I have met more true friends and lifelong friends through archery than anywhere else!