You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Elite XLR opinions?

I'm looking at getting another target bow and was wondering about the Elite XLR. Pro's and con's. How does the draw cycle compare to a Pro/Ultra Elite with Spirals/cam and 1/2?
    Any of you guys shoot one?
    Language was invented to satisfy mans deep need to complain

Default Xlr

What is your draw length?
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    What is your draw length?
    draw is 26.5---I haven't hit my growth spurt yet. Actually, I think my chance is past.
    I was alittle scared of the big brace height. Was wanting something alittle closer to 7". It IBOs great for BH that big. I just don't want to lose performance in regards to speed shooting 3d.
    I shoot ASA not IBO so I'd like to get 280-285 fps pulling 63-63 pounds.
    I got a great staff shooter offer from the local pro shop and was just wanting some info.
    Thanks!!
    Language was invented to satisfy mans deep need to complain

Default Ill give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    draw is 26.5---I haven't hit my growth spurt yet. Actually, I think my chance is past.
    I was alittle scared of the big brace height. Was wanting something alittle closer to 7". It IBOs great for BH that big. I just don't want to lose performance in regards to speed shooting 3d.
    I shoot ASA not IBO so I'd like to get 280-285 fps pulling 63-63 pounds.
    I got a great staff shooter offer from the local pro shop and was just wanting some info.
    Thanks!!
    That would put you in the Cuda Cam. Cuda cam is a aggressive cam. Much like the Bow tech Tribute. Its not the fastest Elite bow. But if you like shooting against the wall this bow will fit you. You will have to go to Elite forum to get sppeds. Ba3darcher and Tim Ewers both shoot this bow darn well in pro ranks. I like the Gt500 better because it has a less agressive cam and plenty of speed. But the Cuda Cam is designed to give the short draw archer good speeds. You see lots of XLR at the 3d events.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I am shooting an Elite XLR with the 28.5" Cuda cam for my 3-D bow....Best bow I have owned to date for 3-D! And I have gone thru alot of different bows thru the years for 3-D!
    Mine is 60# and shooting right at 280-282fps with an arrow that weighs 343g

Personally I dont think the Cuda cam is all that more aggressive than the Revolution cam. I also have an Elite Z-28 at 60# with the 28.5" Revolution cam.

Not the fastest bow in the world, but it holds very nice and its very forgiving with a 8 3/8" brace height!
    2009 Elite XLR Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR Black/Snow limbs
    2013 Bear Method

I shoot the XLR with a 29 in draw and weight at 61.25 lbs. This is by far the best bow I have shot for 3d. It aims very well and is a pleasure to draw. I have not shot the cuda cam so cannot tell you the difference between that and the revolution cam regarding draw cycle. I have been told the cuda is a little quicker, which should get you the speed you are wanting. If you have any questions shoot me a PM and I will try to help you anyway I can.