You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Goldtips Triple X arrows sure are getting popular

I know several of the senior pros using them.

I see more and more suing these arrows all the time.

Most said there shooting a 100grns in the front.

Think next year Im going to give them a shot.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

It defies logic that this should even work. Everything we have been taught says get the spine right. I have a really good indoor shooter trying these now.

He's been shooting them and slowly cutting them shorter and re-testing. He's down to 1" in front of the rest and says they are pounding X's
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Arrow flight

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It defies logic that this should even work. Everything we have been taught says get the spine right. I have a really good indoor shooter trying these now.

He's been shooting them and slowly cutting them shorter and re-testing. He's down to 1" in front of the rest and says they are pounding X's
    I watched one guy at the classic shoot them. Arrow flight was darn good.
    Im amazed with 100 grns in the front.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Same old question , would your pin gaps with the same weight get wider? say over the 22 series?

Try them with a finger release.

i have been shooting them since the first of the year.Tim said to cut them short and they have flown as good as any other arrow through my bow.

Quote Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
    Try them with a finger release.

LOL...I'll leave the finger shooting to you. That would be a bit tough.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

father of world champion

Default my 11 year old son

shot x-cutters and triple x's at 22" with 50 grains in the front thru a 23" draw mathews prestige on 46lbs, they shot like darts. At the indoor nationals in louisville the triple x's cost him the win only because it went to inside-out x's in the shoot-off and he touched 2 lines on the inside and got 2nd. i shoot 27" x-cutters w/50 in front and they also shoot very true. for goldtip

Default Triple X

Dan,
    I have already purchased me some of the Triple X pro's for next year. I'm also contemplating going with the monster xlr8 after seeing how good they shot at the Classic. Has anyone out there tried the Triple x through the Monster yet?
    East End Archery Staff
    Mathews Conquest Triumph
    Bohning Shooting Staff
    T.R.U. Ball Staff
    Vaportrail Shooting Staff

Supports the idea of tune the bow to the arrow instead of the other way around.
    Language was invented to satisfy mans deep need to complain

Actually according to hammer in his article in The Tournament Archer magazine "tuning the bow to the arrow" is cutting the arrow so the point is right in the valley of the rest then tuning the bow to make that arrow shoot.

He doesn't mess with arrow length at all. Chop them as short as you can and make them shoot.

Hammer's theory is that a release shooter "Can't shoot too stiff of an arrow".

It is interesting that in the same issue nearly everything Danny McCarthy says about arrows conflicts across the board.

Two champions, two opposite methods that both work

Now what are we going to do

Well Ive always heard a longer arrow flies better than a short one...
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
    Actually according to hammer in his article in The Tournament Archer magazine "tuning the bow to the arrow" is cutting the arrow so the point is right in the valley of the rest then tuning the bow to make that arrow shoot.

He doesn't mess with arrow length at all. Chop them as short as you can and make them shoot.

Hammer's theory is that a release shooter "Can't shoot too stiff of an arrow".

It is interesting that in the same issue nearly everything Danny McCarthy says about arrows conflicts across the board.

Two champions, two opposite methods that both work

Now what are we going to do
    Experiment for yourself... that's how they found what works for them... just remember one thing.. Tim's draw length is 32.5" AMO so what works for him isn't necessarily going to work for someone with a shorter draw unless you want to increase poundage..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Experiment for yourself... that's how they found what works for them... just remember one thing.. Tim's draw length is 32.5" AMO so what works for him isn't necessarily going to work for someone with a shorter draw unless you want to increase poundage..
    My dl is 31" so I have to value the experiences of knuckle-draggers like Hammer more than that of little guys like Danny. If I were to shoot 75 lbs with spiral cams like Danny does but with my 31" dl I'd have to shoot 550 (or more) grain arrows to stay ASA legal.

That being said, where I do shoot a Hoyt with spirals I will get close to the same velocity at 63-64 lbs as Tim gets at 70 with the Apex.

The problem with experimentation for me is I like to get a real close starting point by then simply fine tune as I have to pay for my equipment and have a real job + two young kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
    My dl is 31" so I have to value the experiences of knuckle-draggers like Hammer more than that of little guys like Danny. If I were to shoot 75 lbs with spiral cams like Danny does but with my 31" dl I'd have to shoot 550 (or more) grain arrows to stay ASA legal.

That being said, where I do shoot a Hoyt with spirals I will get close to the same velocity at 63-64 lbs as Tim gets at 70 with the Apex.

The problem with experimentation for me is I like to get a real close starting point by then simply fine tune as I have to pay for my equipment and have a real job + two young kids.
    That can certainly put a cramp in experimentation... but it doesn't change the fact that the only true way to find the best setup is to experiment as much as possible... I've seen a vane change add 2 points to an average..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    That can certainly put a cramp in experimentation... but it doesn't change the fact that the only true way to find the best setup is to experiment as much as possible... I've seen a vane change add 2 points to an average..

.....or for that matter even re-aligning the same vane from a straight to a helical

In today's game where many shooters are approaching perfect scores the most minute changes can make the difference between 1st and 20th place!

There is just NO room for error anymore. Oh well, I still have fun trying.

At the shop I frequent, someone has some used triple x's for sale on the bargain counter.. I sure would like to try them. A man I shot with at the Ga.State tournament was using them with his Apex 7 and they were flying very good.

Default I would give them a shot

Quote Originally Posted by southgaboy View Post
    At the shop I frequent, someone has some used triple x's for sale on the bargain counter.. I sure would like to try them. A man I shot with at the Ga.State tournament was using them with his Apex 7 and they were flying very good.
    To many are shooting some really good scores with them.
    DB

Jerry Whittington

I also read Danny's article regarding setting up arrows for the Reading shoot....the arrows that he used were ACEs. Aces are aluminum and carbon. They are also barraled shape... Totally different than other pure carbon arrows.
    ACE's are great arrows, but a much more finikie than other arrows. But when they are set up correctly to your bow/draw etc....they are probably the most accurate and flat shooting arrows in the world. If I were shooting Eastons, ACEs would no doubt be my choice.

IMHO the spine for pure carbon arrows vs Aluminum/aluminum carbon is different...I can't explain. Tim gave me an explanation, but I can't remember what he said.

if the gold tips triple x's won't shoot. don't tell levi morgan.

Default LOng distance shoot

Quote Originally Posted by master Cleatus View Post
    I also read Danny's article regarding setting up arrows for the Reading shoot....the arrows that he used were ACEs. Aces are aluminum and carbon. They are also barraled shape... Totally different than other pure carbon arrows.
    ACE's are great arrows, but a much more finikie than other arrows. But when they are set up correctly to your bow/draw etc....they are probably the most accurate and flat shooting arrows in the world. If I were shooting Eastons, ACEs would no doubt be my choice.

IMHO the spine for pure carbon arrows vs Aluminum/aluminum carbon is different...I can't explain. Tim gave me an explanation, but I can't remember what he said.

if the gold tips triple x's won't shoot. don't tell levi morgan.

Most wouldnt use these for long distance shoots like Redding where your shooting 100yrds. But 50yrds and under these work quite well.
    DB