You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Threaded View

Default Archery Club in South Baghdad Needs Assistance US Army

I posted this on archery talk and was told i should post here also so I Don’t know if anyone can help but, Two senior NCO’s in my Battalion, one of which has been recently transferred to my company, approached me today about starting a archery program on our basecamp. One of these guys bowhunts, but has little technical knowledge, and the other guy hunts and is looking
    to get into archery. Since I have more experience than these guys, they asked if I would be interested in participating. Of course I jumped at the chance. I think it would be a great way to further the sport. They have already asked a few of other soldiers if they would be interested, most of whom have never shot a bow. Almost everyone said they would be interested if for no other reason than to have something to do. Since there are about 2500 soldiers on this basecamp we should be able to create at least a few new archers/bowhunters.

They have already cleared it through the chain of command as a MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation) activity and secured an empty "range". The problem now is the lack of equipment. Since there are no MWR funds available to us, we are looking for other sources.

That said, I come to you hat in hand, to ask if anyone has any old equipment that they are not using that they would be willing to donate. It would be greatly appreciated.

You can either PM me or email me at:

Joseph.Case.Davis@us.army.mil
    Last edited by Sgt Davis; 08-05-2009 at 12:04 PM.