You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default 2009 set up help

alright so I'm starting to get my list to buy started. I thought i got it all last year any who i need a decent pair of binos and a range finder so any help there would be great. Also i have all my mossy oak gear from last year butt it is kinda fading like good old mossy oak does, suggestions? I don't really want to buy new camo. (i am going to have to buy new pants as the other ones will only work during early season) also a good pare of gloves would be nice I'm deff getting under armor liner gloves but need some decent gloves to slide them into. also what type of fleece clothing where would u recommend. I'm planning on doing under armor fleece then my camo..... and if i still have enough money left over im going to get a summit viper climber i also need to get a bow holder for up in the tree and then a back pack to put all my crap in haha. im never going to stop spending also i don't want to put a quiver on my bow and last year i just strapped a quiver to a tree. do you guys have any better ideas???

cheers

jessetjames
    Martin Moab
    MBG flash point
    nap quick tune capture rest
    limb saver stabilizer

Old Archer

Thumbs up Gear Help!

Okay, Here you Go! my clothing pants, shirts, things that have a camo pattern are all Scent-Loc. We will open up a can of worms around here about the pros and cons of Scent-Locs ability to keep your stink from contaimentating your hunting area. But your problem was cloth fading, I have had no problems with my garments if treated as manufacture recomends. Your Summit Viper choice! two thumbs up. I'm on my second viper great stand. They offer a great bow holder that attaches to foot rest of the viper.
    Or if you prefer and are allowed to screw things in a tree where you hunt, the realtree easy hanger is a very afforable product, and screws in easly. Range Finders, I thought I had this one all fiqured out the other day. I went to Cabelas to purchase a Nikon Archers choice unit. Then the guy showed me the new LEUPOLD RX1000 TBR, what a well built device this is.

It cost about $150.00 dollars more than the Nikon, but I think its well worth it. LEUPOLDS Quality is hard to beat, the unit is smaller than the Archers choice model. It will fit in the small pocket on a casual shirt. The under garments you mentioned I use Scent-Locs Base layers and for Extreme Cold Polar Tec stuff. Good Luck!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

this weekenmd im going to pick this up seems like a good deal :noideahttp://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0059756713069a&type=product&cmCat=SEAR CH_all_NYR&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ne=2510&nyr=1&Ntk=Products&QueryText= arc&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=4899&Nty=1&hasJS=true& _DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1:

ASAT dude.....ASAT!!
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Quote Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
    ASAT dude.....ASAT!!
    like that Bushnell set but is it decent quality?? also with the asat it seems they only have desert ish camo and im in IL lol....
    Martin Moab
    MBG flash point
    nap quick tune capture rest
    limb saver stabilizer

Quote Originally Posted by jessetjames View Post
    like that Bushnell set but is it decent quality?? also with the asat it seems they only have desert ish camo and im in IL lol....
    Go over to AT and shoot "hunter4ever" a pm..he'll hook you up since he's a dealer and shooting buddy....super easy guy to work with. Tell him I sent ya. Yes the 3d suit is awesome and the ultimate line is even better ..www.asatcamo.com

Im in Ohio, thats no diff than Ill...don't be fooled into thinking your designer camo needs to be high definition with detail..its all a marketing ploy to look cool to hunters..not to the deer. I urge you to do some research into it. I switched over to it last yr took my buck with it last yr and ill never wear another style of camo ever again..wait until you see how it works in open areas with no cover, tree stands as well as cut corn fields too...
    Last edited by hunter2678; 08-06-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Default Vortex Diamondbacks

Good affordable Binos. Lifetime garantee.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...0x42-binocular
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Heres' what I have 8x42's ...I love em...Lifetime gaurnatee as well. Nikons only have a 25yr.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-...binocular.html

2009 set up help - Bowhunting forum

Here's what I use. Nikon Rifle Hunter 550 rangefinder, simple to use and quality optics. Quikee Quiver, 3 arrow. U shaped screw in hanger with plastic coating found in any hardware store. I use any brand of fleece. Carbon products give an edge but cost $$$. I like X Scent under garments as any clothing containing silver has to touch the skin to work. I use X scent stretchy gloves and mask, No Trace brand pants and shirt and Scent Lok coveralls. I like Muck boots. My heavy gloves leave the fingers partially exposed with a removable mitten cover. I have to aim differently when I wear heavy gloves, so be sure to practice with them on, as well as any head cover or bulky clothing. I prefer my camo faded. Sharp contrast is more easily seen. For bowhunting, I haven't need bino's any better than the $15 pair I've had for 6 years.

Check out the Vortex. I've used a lot of different kinds and you can't be Vortex at any price point. You don't have to spend a lot to get a great pair of binoculars. Trust me, look through some Vortex Binos.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by jessetjames View Post
    i picked one up yesterday and it seems alright i mean the binos arent top of the line but for the money i think its a good deal and i live in il and i have a asat leafy suit and its awesome