You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Question long stabilizers

Shooting a long stabilizer is something new for me. I am moving from hunter class to open class and am increasing my stabilizer length. Do I have to have a counter balance offsetting to the rear (v bar style unit) or can I just screw on a 30" stabilizer and forget the rest. Reason is, with the price of doinker stabilizers, I would like to purchase a 30" stabilizer and a quick release only. If I need the counter balance with the longer stabilizer then I will purchase it, but to save a buck, do I really need it?

I had the same problem when moving from a short to a long stabalizer. Try to save money (ie shoot b4 you but ) is always essential. A quick answer to your question is no it is not needed right away. It has alot to do with shooting style. You might find that you might need one left or right depending on hand torque. I wouldnt purchase the rear stabalizer as a weight counterbalance until you have shot a while,tried several,and then determined it would be helpful. Thats my 2 cents

Default Some do some don't?

I personally have Doinker,and I have used the v-bar setup on the back.
    I know you can get away with just a sidemount and a small amount of weight on one side but It depends what the bow is doing...
    If you hang the bow on a string from the top cam you can see what that level bubble is doing for usually the fact of the sight's weight on the other side of the bow makes it canter up on the left.
    I also just don't look at getting that level,it's a matter of how well the bow sits in my hand when in full draw.This is why I on three different bows now hve done dfferent things to make that bow in perticular sit in full draw the way that I prefer it to be.When I hold the bow infull draw it sits like a rock on the bullseye and then when the shot goes off the bow then drops forward gradually on the followthrough.
    A proshop or shoot might be the place to go and ask if you can try theirs and see what it does on your bow.
    I do know I change weights occasionally just to give me more or less holding capabilties,If there is wind or I maybe drank too much caffeine,I can add weight.
    You can usually always add weight....if you by one too heavy your stuck with what you got.
    This will also give you some advantages of what work best for what kind of stabilizer,v-bar,sidemount,acc.you might really need.

I would make one suggestion in chosing a stablizer. Stick with one that is 18 to 26 inches. Hualing around a 30 to 36 inch stablizer can get very tiring on a 3D course.

I myself only use the front stablizer, as vbars usually throw me off when trying to site in on the target and keeping to bow level. It basically comes down to your shooting style as what works for one doesn't work for the other.
    TNArcher

I also wondered the same so thanks for the answers!!!!

i shoot without adding any counter balance works great