You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Need some advice

In two weeks we are heading to Wisconsin for the Vortex Open shoot... We are flying and have never flown with our bows before... Well we borrowed a double hard case with locks but I am not 100% sure if they are TSA approved locks..

What would you do, fly with them or just send them UPS??
    Staff Shooter: On Target Archery--Vortex Optics--Sure-Loc--T.R.U. Ball--Gold Tip-- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

should be ok.. just make sure they are secured in case. I cover them with towels in side like a sock absorber. And also make sure the case has good brace's in center to prevent tehm smashing it. The air lines are notorious for throwing stuff around. Had a nightmare with my bow a few years ago at an ASA national shoot where they tossed my bow case around so hard it broke the sight housing off the dove tail.... I bought an SKB and havent ahd issue's since.. good luck !
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Default Honestly if it was me.

Quote Originally Posted by mathewsgirl13 View Post
    In two weeks we are heading to Wisconsin for the Vortex Open shoot... We are flying and have never flown with our bows before... Well we borrowed a double hard case with locks but I am not 100% sure if they are TSA approved locks..

What would you do, fly with them or just send them UPS??
    I would fly with them. UPS is a pain for sure. Lots of folks fly with there bows all the time.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

tiff-

when you check them in at the counter, have the attendant check your bow case and then lock it up, they should put a sticker or something advising the case has been inspected, otherwise it is possible if the case is locked they will break the locks to inspect. you can also go to wal mart and get a airline approved strap that will wrap around your case that locks, all the airlines have the codes to open. good luck