You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Anyone ever use the climbing sticks from gomuddy?

Here the link. Just curious how well these work?

http://www.gomuddy.com/shopping/Depa...ng-Sticks.aspx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

jim

Thanks for the link DB. I've not seen these before - I like the dual steps (just makes it easier in the dark). The closest thing I've got to them are my LW climbing sticks which I like. Of course, like anything - one needs to practice a bit with anything they choose to use.

jim p.

Default My question

Quote Originally Posted by jim p. View Post
    Thanks for the link DB. I've not seen these before - I like the dual steps (just makes it easier in the dark). The closest thing I've got to them are my LW climbing sticks which I like. Of course, like anything - one needs to practice a bit with anything they choose to use.

jim p.
    Can you slip that rope through with one hand. I feel if it takes two hands then the sticks may not be the safest? I use sticks that are aonnected all the way up now and I can make the ties with one hand while holding on with the other.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I was looking at them on the Muddy website this morning.....they look nice.
    2009 Elite XLR Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR Black/Snow limbs
    2013 Bear Method

The rope cam system is a nice touch and the dual steps is a good idea. They seem a little short for the asking price. If the idea is to draw hunters away from LW to try theirs, pricing them better would help.
    Be good or be good at it.

jim

Can you slip that rope through with one hand. I feel if it takes two hands then the sticks may not be the safest? I use sticks that are aonnected all the way up now and I can make the ties with one hand while holding on with the other.
    The set up (cam) looks like what's on my brother's sailboat - all he has to do it pull the rope down across the cam, it slips in due to the pressure on it. To remove, pull up on the rope and it comes out.
    I just realized the vedio pretty much shows what I just said. Should of watched it instead of going to the site and checking out what all they offered.
    Last edited by jim p.; 08-10-2009 at 03:15 AM.

Default Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    The rope cam system is a nice touch and the dual steps is a good idea. They seem a little short for the asking price. If the idea is to draw hunters away from LW to try theirs, pricing them better would help.
    At those lengths one would need several. Weight limit is 300lbs so that leaves me out for now.
    DB

jim

DB, I've got a 3 pk. of the LW (3 step version). Generally I tend to use a tree that has a few limbs that I can use along with the sticks. I try to set my stand around 16' (to the platform). I've got my pull up rope set up for this height, when it gets taunt - it's time to set the stand. I try to step down on to the stand - this gives me 2 steps above the stand platform. I've thought about purchasing an extra stick (even the mini one) just to give me a bit more heighth. If they weren't so darn expensive I would most likely have one
    I'm a shorty, only 5'5" - for that height, being able to get a stand at 16' isn't bad. They also have a 300# weight limit. If you check most climbing sticks (that go together as one piece) - there aren't many that are rated for more than 300#. For that matter, most safety harness's are rated about the same.

Default There are some rated at 350lbs

Quote Originally Posted by jim p. View Post
    DB, I've got a 3 pk. of the LW (3 step version). Generally I tend to use a tree that has a few limbs that I can use along with the sticks. I try to set my stand around 16' (to the platform). I've got my pull up rope set up for this height, when it gets taunt - it's time to set the stand. I try to step down on to the stand - this gives me 2 steps above the stand platform. I've thought about purchasing an extra stick (even the mini one) just to give me a bit more heighth. If they weren't so darn expensive I would most likely have one
    I'm a shorty, only 5'5" - for that height, being able to get a stand at 16' isn't bad. They also have a 300# weight limit. If you check most climbing sticks (that go together as one piece) - there aren't many that are rated for more than 300#. For that matter, most safety harness's are rated about the same.

LOne Wolf brand. Saw a guy at AT sales a slip rope for them that makes a faster attachement. I just dont like the way they have straps that you have to feed thru and pulll. I use sets that are four pieces and all attach together now that get me 20'. Just looking for something more mobile for the one day hunts.
    DB