You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow 2008 Bowtech 82nd Airborne.Opinions and Problems?

What is your personal opinion on the 2008 Bowtech 82nd Airborne.Compared to other bows or just you personal experience with the bow. I want to know every little problem that you ever have had with the bow or just a feature that you find unwanted or wrong.I want to hear everything .
    Attached Images Attached Images

I want to know EVERYTHING!

Its a finicky bow....for the most part. Its super fast but it comes at a price..some guys just cant get it to tune through paper yet some guys can..Its certainly not a bow for the beginner..At the same time if your willing to put in the time I think it can make you a better shooter since it requires a little more consistency in form...I've heard guys say it just wasnt shootable and other guys absolutley love it...
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Ive also heard that the draw cycle is super rough compared to other bows.Is this true?

ehhhhh depends....I think once you go past the 29 inch mark alot of bows become "harsh" on the draw....my 101st is at 29 now and is just fine with a little hump at the end, should be about the same with the 82nd..you can play with the draw stop onit and smooth it out if you want...its no worse than a mathews reezen or 08 X-force IMO..

Im kinda new to advanced compound bows. What is a draw stop?

If you're a newer archer..you may wanna shoot something less tempermental in my opinion. A draw stop is a feature on a bow that dictates when you're bow will stop itself during the draw cycle..the airbornes have a fully adjustable draw stop, some bows have fixed ones some dont have them at all...most newer bows nowadays have them in some form or another..its a nice feature if you can find a bow with one..pm me and give me your telephone # if you want to chat for a little bit about these things..?

OK that helps alot I think that the 82nd airborne is to much for me. Ive been looking around and I think that I want the 2008 Diamond Marquis. It just seems simpler and its a little bit smoother all around than the 82nd.Almost the same bow but just a little bit less powerful and it seems like it would be an easier bow to handle.
    Any ethical hunter is a friend of mine
    Dream Bow...
    2008 Diamond Nitrous 27"@60#
    (Deciding on arrow rest)
    Truglo Brite-Site Xtreme Five-Pin Sight with Light

Quote Originally Posted by 82ndArcher View Post
    OK that helps alot I think that the 82nd airborne is to much for me. Ive been looking around and I think that I want the 2008 Diamond Marquis. It just seems simpler and its a little bit smoother all around than the 82nd.Almost the same bow but just a little bit less powerful and it seems like it would be an easier bow to handle.
    That would be a great choice as a matter of fact...

cant go wrong with a diamond.
    08 DIAMOND MARQUIS 70# 29" / TROPHY TAKER EXTREME / COBRA SIDEWINDER 5 PIN / 340 mfx team realtree /

Well what about a Diamond Nitrous. Its pretty much a diamond marquis exept without a roller guard,and its $250. Do you know anything about the diamond nitrous?
    Dream Bow...
    (Deciding on arrow rest)

never shot the nitrous but if thats true them roller guards must cost alot
    08 DIAMOND MARQUIS 70# 29" / TROPHY TAKER EXTREME / COBRA SIDEWINDER 5 PIN / 340 mfx team realtree /

yea the nitrous is the same riser same limbs as a marquis but its a black ice cam. the bow retails for about $400 and is the same IBO speed as the marquis. the only real difference is the black ice cam and the cable slide instead of a roller guard. If heard the only difference in preformance is that the marquis is a little bit quieter. But Im not paying 250 dollars more for a little bit quieter.
    Dream Bow...
    (Deciding on arrow rest)

i bought a new 82nd back in 07. very nice bow. killed the only 2 deer i shot at. it was a little rough on the draw, but i got used to it. my 16yr old son loved it more than me, so he got it for his birthday this year. i looked for something a little smoother and settled on the diamond stud. it's the smoothest 70lb bow i ever pulled back. pretty quiet and at 28" dl with a 422gr arrow, i'm getting 280+ fps. do yourself a favor and check one out.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
    Its a finicky bow....for the most part. Its super fast but it comes at a price..some guys just cant get it to tune through paper yet some guys can..Its certainly not a bow for the beginner..At the same time if your willing to put in the time I think it can make you a better shooter since it requires a little more consistency in form...I've heard guys say it just wasnt shootable and other guys absolutley love it...
    This is the exact opposite of my findings with the 82nd. Yes, I have 2 of them. I found them to be very easy to set up. Two of the easiest tuning
    bows I've owned. Most of the people having problems probably don't know
    how to set them up. I shoot my 82nd's better than my guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
    ehhhhh depends....I think once you go past the 29 inch mark alot of bows become "harsh" on the draw....my 101st is at 29 .....
    you're a 29" draw?????????
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Default Possibly looking at a 82nd to buy?

My marquis is haveing problems and being sent to bowtech. Just installed some new limbs and cam on bow. Still didn't solve my problem. We have some bows 2008 marked down on pricing and looking at 82nd and 101. I think I like the twin cam bows over single cam. Also shoot a constitution for target. After reading these comments might chase the speed. If my marquis gets fixed properly in time I'll be good. But if bowtech takes me to long gonna have to get a new bow pronto. 82nd how fast with what arrow and rest are you shooting. I shoot a limb saver drop away and works fine on marquis. I shoot a heavy arrow around 483g full metal jacket. Talk to you later.

Quote Originally Posted by wyoming4x4 View Post
    My marquis is haveing problems and being sent to bowtech. Just installed some new limbs and cam on bow. Still didn't solve my problem. We have some bows 2008 marked down on pricing and looking at 82nd and 101. I think I like the twin cam bows over single cam. Also shoot a constitution for target. After reading these comments might chase the speed. If my marquis gets fixed properly in time I'll be good. But if bowtech takes me to long gonna have to get a new bow pronto. 82nd how fast with what arrow and rest are you shooting. I shoot a limb saver drop away and works fine on marquis. I shoot a heavy arrow around 483g full metal jacket. Talk to you later.
    My 82nd hunting bow is shooting 415grn arrow at 274@61.8lbs, 27 1/2" AMA draw.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    This is the exact opposite of my findings with the 82nd. Yes, I have 2 of them. I found them to be very easy to set up. Two of the easiest tuning
    bows I've owned. Most of the people having problems probably don't know
    how to set them up. I shoot my 82nd's better than my guardian.
    Then that puts you in the other group of guys that I said love thiers...

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    you're a 29" draw?????????
    28.5 but I play around every once in a while.....