You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Tuning Bow

Red face Tuning Bow

How important is it to have your bow professionally tuned? I got a new PSE Super G. I had it shooting well then I put on a Whisker Biscuit. The arrows are coming off the bow straight enough. But I know that doesn't mean much. The tuning kit I thought I ordered turned out to be an allen wrench set. Also I am looking at ordering the EZ center shot tuning tool (the one that attaches to the hex bolts on the front of the bow). Anyone ever use it?

howdy, dont know about being "professionally tuned" but it is verry important to have it properly tuned. Everyone has their own little things thay like to do when tuning, Hopefully Chris will chime in here and post, im sure he on average has seen and done alot of tuning!!

thanks, i'm pretty happy where i have it now. i can definately put it in the kill zone from 50 without fail (as long as the fever doesn't get hold of me). I'm wanting to get into league shooting in the near future so i want to get it right.

Welcome.
    I feel any shooter should be able to tune a sight and rest themselves.
    A center tool and a good bow square are a must in a shooter's toolbox. The rest of tuning you can and should learn eventually. Just ask questions and you'll get answers, this is a good sight for any archery info. Anyone who doesn't want to help you probably doesn't know as much as they say they do.
    That's my .02

Thanks, I got that EZ tuner in and i don't think it works very good. there was some crazy math formula to use (I am good at math) and my arrows came off almost sideways any solution?

Default Take off the Broom and put on a rest

I never could understand how anyone could "tune" thier bow while shooting thru a broom. Let the bashing begin...really it's ok, cause that's what I think. Biscuits aren't for shooting arrows through.

It's all about hunting on Camp Pendleton, Ca. Pretty thick brush for a rest. I don't get to hang out in a tree stand like most.

So get a rip cord, you can pre load it and you dont need to shoot thru "the broom"
    I cut things up and split them down!