You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Pin Nock Trouble

Just wondering if anyone else has had this trouble.

I started using Gold Tip pin nocks on my hunting arrows. The arrows are the GT pro hunters, shooting a loop with the served nock sets. I like the setup and they shoot great, but the pin nock after about 10-15 shots with he same pin nock gets to where it has little to no tension on the string. I know they won't be as tight as the regular GT nocks. Is this normal, should they hold up under a 70lb. hunting setup? I am using white ones if that makes any difference. (thought that i heard the white are the weakest due to the dye) I don't know?? Any help would be great.

thanks

(x2) 2007 Guardians 70# @29in.
    GoldTip 5575
    Gateway Razor feathers
    Limb drivers, HHAs
    meanv supressor, TruBall

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

are the nock throat sizes the same from the GT to the Pin nocks?
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

I am using green pin knocks and haven't had any problems.............yet.

I am shooting GT triple X on my target bow at 54 pounds.

I like the pin nocks, but they need to be changed more frenquently than super nocks.. Fact of life.. I would not use them for a hunting bow..period
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Pin nocks are all I pretty much use and depend on, sometimes the overall diameter of the serving on the string can be a little larger in diameter cause the ears to open some, I have seen this in the past with different setups that folks have, these folks also tend to have the arrows pop off when letting down.

If I depend on a great setup to get it done in known yardage or 3D I would want the same confidence and dependability when starring down a buck of a lifetime.

I have gone to a meatier pin nock for shooting the Monster at 348-350 fps because of the extreme speed. Going past 330 fps it has been acknowledge that the standard GT and Easton pin nocks ears start to bend out do to the centrifugal force thus weakening the pins causing a pin to break, suggested pins if used past 330 fps are Eastonís new G-pin nock, Mc Kinney pin nocks or Bohningís new meaty pin nock

Good Luck this Year
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

When I find one that does not fit the serving tight any more it is usually cracked. Better check and make sure.

Default Beefier Nocks

Quote Originally Posted by JDX-- View Post
    Pin nocks are all I pretty much use and depend on, sometimes the overall diameter of the serving on the string can be a little larger in diameter cause the ears to open some, I have seen this in the past with different setups that folks have, these folks also tend to have the arrows pop off when letting down.

If I depend on a great setup to get it done in known yardage or 3D I would want the same confidence and dependability when starring down a buck of a lifetime.

I have gone to a meatier pin nock for shooting the Monster at 348-350 fps because of the extreme speed. Going past 330 fps it has been acknowledge that the standard GT and Easton pin nocks ears start to bend out do to the centrifugal force thus weakening the pins causing a pin to break, suggested pins if used past 330 fps are Eastonís new G-pin nock, Mc Kinney pin nocks or Bohningís new meaty pin nock

Good Luck this Year

Thanks, i will try some other nocks. Gonna order some bohning's.

As soon as they feel loose i trash them.

I noticed that you use the word centrifugal JDX. Centrifugal force is a fictitious force that only exists because of centripetal force. The formula for centrifugal force is the formula for centripetal force, just in the opposite direction. If i shot an arrow out of my bowtech guardian at 500fps with straight fletched vanes or no vanes for that matter if would never experience the force.

Thanks

GoldTip 5575
    Gateway Razor feathers
    Limb drivers, HHAs
    meanv supressor, TruBall

I have thousands of shots on mine with no problems. Yellow and ruby. I use them for hunting, practice and 3D without a single problem, unless I crack or break one while practicing.

We've had guys shooing monsters and X-forces breaking the Goldtip pin nocks quite often. These guys have told me the new Bohning pin nocks hold up better to the abuse.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by OB1.25 View Post
    Thanks, i will try some other nocks. Gonna order some bohning's.

As soon as they feel loose i trash them.

I noticed that you use the word centrifugal JDX. Centrifugal force is a fictitious force that only exists because of centripetal force. The formula for centrifugal force is the formula for centripetal force, just in the opposite direction. If i shot an arrow out of my bowtech guardian at 500fps with straight fletched vanes or no vanes for that matter if would never experience the force.

Thanks

Iím not going to get all technical because I can see that you probably know more then I do as far as the different forces applied, and thatís ok

I will say I have been shooting the Monster and with the Pro 22s at 347 to 350 fps mattering on which place I have stopped at to check it thru the Chronograph
    And I am using Pin nocks Ė Bohning pin nocks

Do to all the threads on AT about Pin Nocks blowing up on the Monsters this year earlier I made some calls

With this I contacted some very knowledgeable sources that would have more knowledge then you or I or most of the folks on the 3D ranges as well as the webs.
    Why because I depend on the bow to do its part when I traveling all over the country ĖUSA. And the last dang thing I need is a Ĺ dry fire, not do to a nock giving up not from being hit but from fatigue.

Thatís when I was told that the general consensus was that over 330 fps as an average the ears on the standard Easton pins as well as the GT pin would open up and the repetitiveness of this would cause a pin to fail. At that point it was recommended to use the new Easton G-pin nock or the new Bohning pin as well as the Mc Kinney pin nock all having more strength. I have even seen the repeat use of the Mc Kinney shot over and over with out being shot at fail once

This all may seem like a bunch of BS but take it how ever you may like
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

It ain't the speed... it's the kick in the pants that is breaking the pin nocks..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default Bohning are workin!!

JDX you da man!! been using the Bohning pin nock and have not had a problem. thanks.

GoldTip 5575
    Gateway Razor feathers
    Limb drivers, HHAs
    meanv supressor, TruBall