You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default looking to buy a 06 bowtech tomkat how are they

Hi there I am looking to get a 06 bowtech tomkat I would like to here from all the people that have one. I would like to know the good and the bad. thank you

Site Guru

why aer you looking to buy one if you don't know they are good?
    No I'm not dead

The Tomkat is a great mid priced bow. It has tons of brace height and is still fast.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Some people just need help beleiving they are making a good decission Dredly...I mean we could probably help you out alot also, maybe you should start asking if you should get out of bed in the morning......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    Some people just need help beleiving they are making a good decission Dredly...I mean we could probably help you out alot also, maybe you should start asking if you should get out of bed in the morning......
    I asked that once... didn't like the anwser I got
    No I'm not dead

Default not what I ment

I was just asking if any one had any problems with one. I have already shot one and i loved it. I just like to get as much info on something before i get it. Is that so wrong.

Welcome to the forum. Nothing at all wrong with loading up on info before a purchase. I have only shot the Tomkat once about a year ago but if I remember right it shot great and felt pretty good. So as Chris has stated it is a great bow for the money. If thats your budget then I believe you will love the bow but be sure to shoot other bows in your price range. Never hurts to shop around awhile before the purchase. If you can go a little more be sure to try the new Tribute if you like the Bowtech line. Good luck and keep us informed as to what you decide.

"HONDA"

Default '05 tomcat

Bought a tomcat new in '05. I shot eleven bows(switchback, hoyt, ar, three different bowtechs) before chosing the tomcat. It's a good bow. Quiet, smooth, no vibe, and fast. The price was great too. I got the 60lb limb package. The only problem I had was a splintered limb,lost some of the '05 season . Bowtech replaced and installed the new limbs for free. I don't think this common problem with tomcat, just one of those things that happened. Don't know of any significant changes to the '06 should still be a great bow.

Default 06 Tomkat

Try Shooting It. I Found The Draw Cycle To Be Harsh. It Was Steep And The Short Axle To Axle Seemed To Exaggerate It

Site Guru

I think the Tomkat has been basically completely redesigned every year since it came out or just about, including cams, limbs, and all the fixins.

Its taken over the Mighty Mite, now it has Binary Cams, shorter limbs... basically the TomKat was Bowtechs "low end mini-hunting bow" and the Mighty Mite was their "high end mini-hunting bow" so they finally just got one of em.

As for my question, wasn't meant to be personal but from the sounds of your title you alreay had made your mind up fully. If you like it then get it. Its a Bowtech
    No I'm not dead